• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Nearside headlight not working

Hi all.

My ep3 has HID's installed from when I bought it. I don't have much experience with HID's but my passenger side one had stopped working. It has done this before but sprang back into life after a day. Although it's been 5 days now and it's not working. The ballast unit has stopped making a quiet 'buzz' sound which it normally made when working. Would this indicate it's the ballast unit that's broken rather than bulb?

Strangely the side light on the passenger side is also very intermittent at the moment. Could this just be a coincidence. Is there a fuse which controls the whole of the left side car lights?

Any help is appreciated. I'm on holiday in the Lake District at the mo, so working lights is a must!

Thankyou!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

The fuse does both sides of the lights.

Try swapping the bulb from one side to the other to see if the problem follows the bulb. If it doesn't then try swapping the ballast. If the problem is then still on the ns, it looks likely to be the loom to the headlights on that side.

Ok thanks, I will give it a go soon and report back

Cheers

Just fitted some new hids from eBaY and one didn't work due to a poor ground wire - make sure if you have them its not loose

Hids are cool ice cool 6000k infact

Sent from my 16gb Mi Pad (it works)

Delayed update, but in the end I ripped out the HID's and just fitted some good ol' regular bulbs instead and all is well.

Back