• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Need advice before I order

hey all,

still a bit new to CTR's and only sat my on race logic coilovers atm, I am hopefully going to be ordering some bigger brakes today and am after a bit of brand advice :)

its either gonna be D2 6 pot's 330mm discs with there own pads for £1049, or its going to be Ksport 8 pot's on 330mm discs and ebc blue stuff pads at £1033 pounds :)

I would of though there aint a lot of difference in the calliper just whats a better brand to go with ?

cheers tom :)

D2 and Ksport are the same brand, same factory and same production methods.

Not sure about spacers. Tom83 used them, so he might be good for a comment.

Their camber arms aren't great, TGM made a set of brakes catch fire on a road test, but in general people seen pleased with the brakes.

wow catch on fire that must of been some heavy braking going on there :L

I think there probably going to be okay for how ill be using them, just want to upgrade breaks before the performance mods start to come along :)

just before I do buy what other brake brands are there that you could also recommend ??

DC5 Brembo conversions are popular.

Stoptechs are very good, I had them on my FN2.

AP brakes are the holy grail but expensive.

To be honest for a road car some decent grooved discs, good pads like DS2500s, braided line and some good fluid are all good upgrades.

BBKs come into their own on track or if you do a lot of heavy braking from high speeds.

with the DC5 brembo's ive been told you need the dc5 hubs and lower arms??
yeah I was just gonna go for up rating what ive got, but have to admit I do like the look of BBKs and will need something along the lines of them for the future mods that are planned :)

with the DC5 brembo's ive been told you need the dc5 hubs and lower arms??
yeah I was just gonna go for up rating what ive got, but have to admit I do like the look of BBKs and will need something along the lines of them for the future mods that are planned :)
Nope. S2000 discs (different offset than the ep3/fn2 ones) and ~5mm spacers will suffice. Big value for money.

ahh that's not to much work at all then, just need dc5 brembo's and s2000 discs, will 5mm spacers go on without extended wheel bolts ?

hard to find a set of dc5 brembo's at a good price :(

Nope. S2000 discs (different offset than the ep3/fn2 ones) and ~5mm spacers will suffice. Big value for money.

Is that a definite they only need a 5mm spacer?? Thought they needed larger ones 10/20mm... Only asking as I'm looking at brake upgrades too

ahh that's not to much work at all then, just need dc5 brembo's and s2000 discs, will 5mm spacers go on without extended wheel bolts ?

hard to find a set of dc5 brembo's at a good price :(
Logic suggests that you won't be needing extended bolts and from what I've seen logic assumption is correct.

Is that a definite they only need a 5mm spacer?? Thought they needed larger ones 10/20mm... Only asking as I'm looking at brake upgrades too
Yes mate.standard ep3 alloys clear them with 5mm. FN2's need about 15~17mm spacers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Logic suggests that you won't be needing extended bolts and from what I've seen logic assumption is correct.

Yes mate.standard ep3 alloys clear them with 5mm. FN2's need about 15~17mm spacers.

And that's with the caliper bolted to ep3 hub - no bracket??
Interesting to know cheers

What do you mean no bracket? You'll be needing the caliper and bracket of the brembos.
on a side note: since you're looking into brake upgrades the ch7 twin pots is what I decided to go with. They go around £200 and can be combined with 300X24, 300X28 and 315X24 (all oem discs from the ATR). Although I got mixed opinions on wether they fit or not, I've seen a couple ek9's that fitted both ch7 and ep3 brakes, so I figure they would fit onto they ep3.

Dc5 brembos are lug mounted not radial so there's no actual bracket it's part if the caliper it's self..
I have known of brackets that can be used for spacing/alignment to allow larger rotor or wheel clearance..
As much reading as I've done it seems a 20mm spacer is needed as the caliper bolts direct to the ep's hub in place of old calipers after crap shield has been modified slightly

My mistake. I thought they have their own carriers and since no one has mentioned carriers so I thought they used their own. Maybe a bigger spacer is needed without the s2000 discs? A guy at local forum shaved off the mounting point on the caliper.

No. For some reason he prefered to grind the caliper rather than use a spacer or s2000 discs. But he uses aftermarket wider alloys. For standard alloys 7mm spacer was needed.

Back