• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Need advice on potential insurance claim

Ok, had a minor accident yesterday on the way home from work.

Just a slight scrape on the other person'scar and virtually nothing on mine.

Only problem is that the other person's car was a courtesy car from a coachworks.

I want to contact the coachworks directly and settle this matter privately but should I tell my insurance on what I plan to do?

I work in a bodyshop before and I know it wont cost much to fix but If they try to con me on the price then I'd rather let insurance deal with it.

Any advice much appreciated, thanks!

try contacting the coachworks and see what they want to do.

If it sounds like they want to work something out privately (it might be in everyone's interests) then go for it. If not... you'll need to do the insurance thing.

But do u reckon I should just notify my insurance of my plans to negotiate with the coachworks to sort it out privately?

typ3rc1v1c said:
But do u reckon I should just notify my insurance of my plans to negotiate with the coachworks to sort it out privately?

No - keep the insurance company in the dark unless you need them, otherwise althought may not claim they have a note that you have infact had a ding.

monkey boy kev said:
typ3rc1v1c said:

No - keep the insurance company in the dark unless you need them, otherwise althought may not claim they have a note that you have infact had a ding.

As Kev said - say nothing unless you really need to go through the insurance.

It'll be on your file and will still affect your premium, claim or not :wink:

Back