• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Need an MOT in Bristol

Does anyone have any recommendations for a garage to get an MOT in Bristol?

It's up at the beginning of July so have been doing a spot of googling, loads of garages around but I've never been to any and would prefer to go somewhere known to be friendly.

You wont get a response posted online for a 'friendly' station or they wouldn't stay that way for long.
Assuming you have decat.

If not then I would take it to the local council testing station as they dont have workshop facilities, therefor (or is it therefore?) no chance of them trying to get one over on you with parts/labour

I didn't mean friendly in that sense, the car is all legal. Just after somewhere that has a good name - I meant friendly by the dictionary definition.

Council station means going through the middle of town at rush hour and closes at 5 which isn't good for me with work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't mean friendly in that sense, the car is all legal. Just after somewhere that has a good name - I meant friendly by the dictionary definition.

Council station means going through the middle of town at rush hour and closes at 5 which isn't good for me with work.

Ah okay fair enough, when i see the word friendly and mot station only one thing jumps to mind :p.

Hope you find somewhere decent

Speak to FCM and see if they do them or have someone do them on their behalf?

On reflection is seems a poor choice of words. :lol:

I think I've found a place, but I'll drop them a message, cheers Chris.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, she passed! The cert reads like a bit of a shopping list, but nothing too dramatic, although the guy told me I should put some superglue on the pinprick hole on the balljoint rubber. Must have been nicked when they did the clutch. :(

Advisory notice item(s)
Exhaust noisy (7.1.4)
both front tyres and nearside rear tyre wearing slightly on inner edges
offside rear tyre wearing smooth on inner edge and flat spotted
Rear Anti-roll bar corroded but not seriously weakened (2.4.G.1)
Nearside Lower Front suspension ball joint dust cover damaged, but preventing the ingress of dirt (2.4.G.2)
exhaust system slightly corroded/deteriorated

Back