• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Need clutch changing. Worth putting in a lightened fly wheel?

Lightening the standard flywheel or fitting an after market one makes quite a difference. Usually the car simply feels more eager to accelerate. Don't go too light though if the car is for road use as revs drop quicker too. If you are using the car for drag or track work then look at the clutch plate too. Usually there's at least the same weight to loose there as well as clutch covers are heavy!

As for LSD. Its the best mod you can do to a FWD car

Sorry for hijacking this thread.

I don’t have the funds at the moment for a LSD and will not have the money in time before the clutch goes (shame).

I am changing the clutch on my EP3 very soon. I will be putting a lightened flywheel in at the same time as I have pre-facelift and may as well while the clutch is out.

Can anyone recommend a weight. And a place to buy it. I don’t want to go silly light as this is my daily driver.

Sorry for hijacking this thread.

I don’t have the funds at the moment for a LSD and will not have the money in time before the clutch goes (shame).

I am changing the clutch on my EP3 very soon. I will be putting a lightened flywheel in at the same time as I have pre-facelift and may as well while the clutch is out.

Can anyone recommend a weight. And a place to buy it. I don’t want to go silly light as this is my daily driver.

Just get the 2nd hand facelift flywheel mate?

Back