• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

need guru (Loxy) advice

Hey Loxy! I'm not sure I had a sucsesfull try send you privatel message, so I had to post this topic here.

After a lot of thinking I've decided to install forced induction kit with C30-94 Rotrex, it's TTS Supersport kit. Before that we've fully rebuit engine (new pistons, rods etc) to make it more let's say high-duty. As petrol here in Russia is not the best, compression index was decreased to 9.5. Yesterday we've started the engine with installed kit and here a have some questions. Have you ever been dealing with TTS kits? Is in regular thing that nearly all pipes should be finished off by tuner? I mean all pipes were much longer and we cut it to make it ajustable.. Even big metal pipe which goes from intake to Rotrex was longer.. Another big question - demention of the pulley and belt. Honestly, I don't remember did the send me a pulley in the package as I had a few in stock (100MM, 105MM AND 110MM). As far as I remember, the recommend using 110mm pulley to get best performance and not to use Rotrex over its limits. Am I correct? If yes - another problem. Belt simply doesn't fit for 110mm pulley, it fits for 105mm as maximum!

If you know something regarding my questions, I would really appreciate any feedback.

Cheers,
Andrey

First of all I'm not a tuner so my advice is only based on what I've learned over the years.

Fuelling wise, as long as you map it accordingly you won't have a problem. You might have to retard the ignition slightly to accommodate the lower octane but the mapper should be able to work round it.

It doesn't surprise me about the pipework, my kit was the same.

The size of the pulley I cannot answer in confidence. You don't want to be spinning the charger too fast as that is when bearing and shaft failures occur. Personally I'd stick with the TTS recommended one.

Yes, I'm sure you need a longer belt. TTS should be able to advise you as to the part number as I don't know it I'm afraid.

Thanks for you opinion, man. That's really strange TTS doesn't put proper pipes in their kit. That should be bolt on parts, but not Lego.. I will contact them.

As for mapping, did you have an experience or now someone who did mapping with Vipec i44?

Отправлено с моего iPhone используя Tapatalk

My fn might be forts one than)

Отправлено с моего iPhone используя Tapatalk

Back