• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

need help!? what exhaust is this?

Hi! I have recently brought a type r ep3, and it has a big bore exhaust (hks hipower, stamped on the muffler ) on it, I'm wanting to know is it a cat back system? Or just muffler? Because I prefer the standard exhaust, many thanks!

Pop your head under the car mate, you can tell if its OEM as they are no thicker than a smarties tube stock lol.

It is the most restrictive part on an ep3 in my eyes, the OEM pipe is too thin, a decend 2.5 cat back pipe would do it good. But you are on to a winner if you have a full hks system, mega dollar!!

It's far to loud for me though lol, what's the best option for me... I definitely want rid of the loud muffler, are they easy to remove or do they need to be in the air to remove. And how easy are they to sell on or swap for a standard. Loads of questions but I'm a noob! !!

As far as I know the HKS back boxes don't for on OEM pipes. I know my HKS Silent Power doesn't for certain.

Thanks for the help, also I'm after swapping the exhaust for a standard system is that possible on this forum/group, also after swapping the alloy wheels for standard ones aswell, it's got 17" wolfrace assassin x4 in good condition with good tyres. Many thanks

Not too far then, about 70mins from me then.
Are you happy for a straight swap?

I have the space/tools to do a swap over

Last edited by a moderator:
Back