• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Need help with fitting indicator lense on wing mirror??

Sorry if I posted this in wrong area I am new to the forum, I would appreciate any help on how to change the indicator lens on the drivers wing mirror on my ep3 facelift type r, it was smashed when I bought the car and I want to get it fixed the part is £48 quoted by Honda which I will buy if I can fit it myself, I imagined it shouldn't be too difficult as what if the indicator bulb goes must be replaced the same way any ideas? thanks Luke :)

Why not get a used complete facelift mirror in good condition and just do a straight replacement? A good working one will cost between £50 to £60.

ok I will have a look what I can find my wing mirror is in perfect condition not a single mark hence wanting to just replace the lens ideally!

Update: bought the £48 part LED indicator lens from Honda, now fitted on car myself basically you had to pop the mirror off the wing mirror then unscrew every screw you can see remove the unpainted plastic surround (pops off) and pretty much disassemble the whole mirror and unplug the cable from the old indicator LED and slide it out (not as easy as it sounds). slide new one in after plugging in then re assemble in reverse order. Not too difficult but just be careful removing the lens as its easy to scratch your paint also putting the mirror back in is difficult I got someone to hold the mirror still while I forced it on (without breaking) my motor now doesn't go up and down but can move the mirror manually goes left and right still.

Back