• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Need Help!!!

Hi all, I am new to this forum and new to the CTR which i bought just under a month ago!
I need opinions on a sqeaking noise im getting from the front of the car, I only get it whn the wheels are turned slightly to the left and it gets quicker the faster I go! Usually only hear it if ive been driving for maybe 15min or more when jus set of on journeys its never a problem!! The car was mot'd 3daya before i bought it so assuming it cant be a major fault but would like opinions please!!
Thanks Kev

Brake squeal? my rear offside does it after about 15 minutes with these cheap discs and pads on

Thanks yea i think it cold be this, sounds like brakes, would i need to change discs aswell as pads, if so how much would decent pads/discs cost for the front?

Thanks yea i think it cold be this, sounds like brakes, would i need to change discs aswell as pads, if so how much would decent pads/discs cost for the front?

check your pads for how worn they are, if they have got a good amount of pad on them then just spread some coppers slip / copper grease on the rear of the existing pads to stop the squealing. obviously replace them if they are shot, discs out last the pads tenfold so unless they look in a bad way then just leave them, if you have any doubts post a picture of the wear and someone will know in a glance :)

Does this definately sound like it is the brakes as i only really get the sqealing noise when i turn the wheel slightly to the left??

Does this definately sound like it is the brakes as i only really get the sqealing noise when i turn the wheel slightly to the left??

It could just be that that particular angle causes a slight foul. The brakes should always be your first port of call if there is a squeal IMO

Back