• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Need ideas : where to put gauges?

Hey there , i bought HKS gauges for my car ...

Their diameters are 60mm ... I have no idea where to put them , so if you can give me some ideas about that , I'll be grateful ..

Thanks.

Kaan

Kinda depends what gauges they are imho.

If its important, then maybe one on the steering column (Think they do an aftermarket cover that has a gauge pod moulded in).

If not, then either gauge pods on the dash (Above vents) or A Pillar.

But best of all (and which i'd most likely do) is to mount them in the second din slot, but fibreglass it over. So it looks :cool:

If your going to fibreglass it so it looks a proper job like i said, should be fine. Just cut some of the centre console away (I have a spare one :D)

Flush it all over with fibreglass, and paint or cover in a carbon sheet (Or flocking......that'd look awesome!)

Where the dash is covered in a material, i.e. alcantara (Not sure exactly what material they use, but it looks like suede/alcanatara). Race cars use it to stop glare etc :cool:

I think it costs around £150 to get your dash flocked, im seriously tempted if i can find a spare dash :cool:

oh rite i get you now, the thing is, i got an after market hu and a surround, the surround is no where near the same colour as the car dash, so was thinkin of paintin the center console or cover it??

Back