• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Need KPro

Chris.

Founder
Administrator
As title. How much are these and where can I get on in the Salisbury area in the UK???

Also will whoever does be able to map it to my mods?

Links to How To sites for the ECU would be cool!

Cheers,

Chris.

all the uk dealers are listed on the hondata website at www.hondata.com
they should all be able to map it for you as well :)
can download instructional videos from that site as well ;)

FreakOnALeash said:
all the uk dealers are listed on the hondata website at www.hondata.com
they should all be able to map it for you as well :)
can download instructional videos from that site as well ;)

Bookmarked.

Cheers fella!

Must get a Kpro soon.
Just trying to get the bottle to spend all that money on a tiny little chip, and probably some more £s on a r&r getting it tuned up right.
Think i well be getting it done at cpl as that seems the closest to me.

kevlcfc said:
Must get a Kpro soon.
Just trying to get the bottle to spend all that money on a tiny little chip, and probably some more £s on a r&r getting it tuned up right.

I've had mine for a couple of months now and it's a great bit of kit. Not only does the vtec kick in earlier and go on longer, i also get more miles from a tank of petrol :D

as sad as this sounds, how many more miles?

And do you drive any differently to get that extra mileage?

Am considering it too, but seems a bit pricey :roll:

easily an extra 50+ miles to the tank...

and i do drive differently, i spend most of my time in vtec listening to the spoon screaming :twisted: :twisted:

That's quite impressive.=, going to have to consider that one then me thinks :)

God my wallet will be empty for months :roll:

It's said that the unit payes for it's self in a year, based on the new price.

TwoHats said:
easily an extra 50+ miles to the tank...

and i do drive differently, i spend most of my time in vtec listening to the spoon screaming :twisted: :twisted:

An extra 50 miles on the move!? Must be worth it. :wink:

Chris, are u going to keep the car long though? If not....

I don't know. Seriously thinking about a Teg now.

Will the kpro not just be ablt to plug in on the teg?

Umm I doubt it m8, Im not sure though. I don't think its like the Unichip (plug and play).

If your thinking about another car, you might as well put the money towards that. I'd definately do that, money towards an Impreza or Evo. :D

Money towards Evo would be awesome, but trust me, no matter how much money you have to buy it, you'll need twice as much to service and run one! :shock:

Found that out the hard way :roll:

Teg is just pure class, and loving every minute of it. Coming close to passing the evo as my favourite car too 8)

I think it will be the Teg. Not one person I know thats gone from a teg to a ep3 has complained!

So KPro won't work on the teg then :?

I think it will, but that is no way a definate answer.

Was looking at one myself, but may hold on know until someone knows! :?

The Teg ECU can be k-pro'd. Problem is the CTR ECU is PRA model, and the DC5 is PRC model, and as we know, the PRA model doesn't have support for wideband O2 sensor. Don't know if the Teg ECU has an immobiliser either.

I'm pretty sure then that a k-pro'd Euro CTR (PRA) ECU cannot be fitted to a DC5 in place of the PRC ECU.

Jon

I will be booking my baby into CPL as soon as i get back from four months away. And im hoping to get Toda headers fitted at the same time.

JonCTR said:
The Teg ECU can be k-pro'd. Problem is the CTR ECU is PRA model, and the DC5 is PRC model, and as we know, the PRA model doesn't have support for wideband O2 sensor. Don't know if the Teg ECU has an immobiliser either.

I'm pretty sure then that a k-pro'd Euro CTR (PRA) ECU cannot be fitted to a DC5 in place of the PRC ECU.

Jon

Cheers for that mate.

So how much then for a new one fitted and tuned on a dyno roughly?

milano_chris said:
Cheers for that mate.

So how much then for a new one fitted and tuned on a dyno roughly?

Chris,

Its about £730 for the k-pro upgrade if you supply your own ecu.

I had mine dyno tuned at CPL Racing. A full map from scratch takes about 6 hours dyno time @ £65/hour, or Guy does a flat rate of £350 for his k-pro customers.

Jon

Back