• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Need new rubber - where can i get them?

Right, evening ladies and gents,

I've left it a little late as the front 2 tyres on the CTR need replacing rather urgently. I currently have Toyo proxy 4's in the standard CTR size (205/45/17) and would like to stick to them because

a) I've been quite impressed with them
2) i don't want to mix and match so keeping all 4 tyres the same is what i'm after.

Now i usually get them from Camskil but they have NO stock and no 'due date' from the manufacturer.

I've done the ususal google search but have drawn a blacnk as to where else to try and this is where you knowledgeable people come in. Can anyone suggest who i might try for 2 new tyres??

Cheers in advance as always as thankful monkey ;)

I searched teh net and phoned locally for new Toyos a few weeks back and Blackcircles were by far the cheapest, fitted too :)

Right guys - i'm finding it near impossible to get hold of any proxy 4's with most people saying the same as camskill - "no due date for fresh stock from the manufacturer" which leads me to think they may have stopped making them.

So, it is ok to run different makes of tyres on the car? i mean I'd keep both the fronts and the rear the same ie. toyos on rear with 'new tyres' on front but is this a ok?

I seriously cannot afford 4 new tyres especailly when theres little wrong with the rears so fingers crossed you can tell me it'll be ok.

Just put on some Falken FK452. It's not ideal to mix and match between front and rear but it's by no means as dangerous as mixing the same axle.

Just put on some Falken FK452. It's not ideal to mix and match between front and rear but it's by no means as dangerous as mixing the same axle.

Do yoiu know how do these compare with the Toyos chris? What sort of stiffness is there in the side walls? i've read about the toyo t1-r's which alot of others go for but the reviews i've read say the side wall is 'like jelly'!!

Also they don't seem to do them in OEM size.

Didn't know they didn't do them in EP3 size. I have them on my DC5 and the side wall is stiff enough for me. :)

I have always avoided Toyo's, as the reviews I read on them are always 50/50.

I use ebay for tyres now, I've found its always the cheapest, even with having to pay someone else to fit them.

Back