• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

need replacement caliper?

me and a mate fitted new brembo discs and pads on all corners of my EP3 yesterday... and the front right caliper was being a lil bitch!! :mad:

even with a piston press it would barely push back in, and we only just managed to get it back on.... and now the pads are constantly rubbing against the disc, so cant go far before they are overheating. will this subside once the pads have worn in??? or is it best to get a replacement caliper??

Im thinking of just getting a caliper anyways, as I know it needs doing (the other 3 were really easy to push back in), so was just wondering if anyone knows where I could get one from, either 2nd hand or refurbed??

And would it be worth doing both the front calipers at the same time? or would it not make a difference?

thanks guys

Can you not refurb the caliper? There are plenty of refurb kits on eBay and the like, just refurb both the fronts for peace of mind.

yeh ive seen them on eBay for about £20 so maybe worth trying that first!! is it relatively easy to do?? or is there a guide anywhere you know of? never took a caliper apart before :)

If you're able to change the brakes yourself you should be able to strip the caliper and fix it up, or so I've been told. never done it myself. :lol:

There should be plenty of guides about, maybe the kit comes with one?

1 last question :)

because the front right caliper was so tight, we didnt manage to get the slip plate on top of the pad, instead just put some copper slip on the back of the pad. is the slip plate essential or not necessary? just i noticed my brakes were squeaking this morning, but wasnt sure if it was due to the missing plate, or because they were over heating?!?

ive ordered a refurbed caliper from brakes int... was only £85 after part ex so thought I may aswell at that price :)

should be delivered today, so will fit tonight and see if everythings sorted :) fingers crossed!!

does anyone know where i can get a replacement brake shim from??? we bent the one we had when tryin to fit the old knackered caliper and i forgot to pick it up off my mates garage floor, and now his grans thrown it out

Back