• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Need some help with installing Toda + Mugen + Fujitsubo

First of all. How much hassle is it to install the toda manifold, jdm front swaybar and fujitsubo RM01A, and how much time are we talking? Im taking it to a leasing workshop so i can lift it up, also do you need to be two ?

Do i need anything that is not included in the package?

Ive tried to find it but no luck so far, if anyone can direct me to "how to" pages with pictures concerning these topics i would really appreciate it.

Second. Ive just installed my Mugen box. Damn it was much more work than i thought. I almost went bananas about that hose going from the box to the snorkle in the front. It kept falling off when i tried to put it back in.

I havent been able to insert all the screws yet (the ones keeping the top lid together with the rest of the box, and the screws themselves dont seem to like to much power when tightening. Is it ok for me to drive with only 80 % of the screws in?

Finally the thing that scares me most. The instructions are in japanese. So im wondering if the filter itself should be oiled or anything? Or is it allready oiled? It smells somewhat funny and its something glistening on the rubber around the edge. It was enclosed in a sealed plastic bag, also when i read at kingsmotorsport about loose mugen filters it says that they are fitted with a special oil. Doesnt this mean the filter is allready oiled? I dont want to destroy anything so please give me a speedy answer to this one.

Also i dont seem to be able to avoid a small glitch on the front between the top and the bottom part of the box. It doesnt seem like theres coming air from those places, but would that be a problem?

Sorry for all my lame questions but this is my first mod and i had to do it all by myself with only the japanese instructions :) I think i read it the wrong way (not from left to right) also.

OK, first of all don't panic. You have changed the OEM airbox for a Mugen one - if you are unsure of your efforts then return it to OEM until you are able to get assistance from someone you can be confident with.

2nd, the other parts you want to install. PM some of the tuners on the forum for advice and info - they are helpful folk who will answer questions for you.

Rough install times.

Manifold - 3 / 4 Hours

Sway Bar - 10 Mins

Exhaust 10 / 20 Mins

Mind you, using i ramp makes the jobs ten times easyer.

As a rough guide.

on a ramp it took me and a mate

45min / Hour to change the manifold on my civic.

Now the same job on my drive on my own + ES mounts took me 3 / 4 hours.

Andy

Scousefella said:
OK, first of all don't panic. You have changed the OEM airbox for a Mugen one - if you are unsure of your efforts then return it to OEM until you are able to get assistance from someone you can be confident with.

2nd, the other parts you want to install. PM some of the tuners on the forum for advice and info - they are helpful folk who will answer questions for you.

Well, first of all, since there arent exactly alot of CTR's here in norway (around 4-5) and i guess most of my uncertainty is just becaus im completly new to doing anything like this and even though everything went as it said in the pictures im just double checking. It drives great, ive tried that, but thougt i should check just to be sure.

Thanks

n0stra said:
Scousefella said:

Well, first of all, since there arent exactly alot of CTR's here in norway (around 4-5) and i guess most of my uncertainty is just becaus im completly new to doing anything like this and even though everything went as it said in the pictures im just double checking. It drives great, ive tried that, but thougt i should check just to be sure.
Thanks

Fair enough mate - never realised you were in Norway either!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

damn, forgot to write it under my avatar, somewhat new to this forum so youll have to exuse me :)

I guess what im most anxious about is the thing about the filter being oiled up or not. Tried to search and want the info bad since im taking the car to an exhibit tomorrow morning.

Also, has anyone else actually managed to put the front end of the snorkle over the front scoop thats attached to the grill? I cant imagine how to do this without withdrawing the other end. Well its almost directly in front so i guess it helps anyway.

n0stra said:
Also, has anyone else actually managed to put the front end of the snorkle over the front scoop thats attached to the grill? I cant imagine how to do this without withdrawing the other end. Well its almost directly in front so i guess it helps anyway.

Its a complete pain in the ass. Make sure you take the battery out for more space. Ideally, although not supplied, you want a huge jubilee clip to keep the intake pipe on the airbox, as bits keep popping off.

In the end, I dropped the scoop down by about 25mm by using a loop of wire through the bolt hole. This means you get more clearance on the radiator hose, and less pressure on the intake pipe. Getting the square section pipe onto the scoop properly is difficult. I levered it on with a screwdriver and bruised fingers.

Yes, the filter is pre-oiled.

The screws at the back of the box are hard to fit unless you have a small socket set with swivel. All mine are in except for one. Use a small socket rather than screwdriver, and most will go in fine

How many kilometers have you done on your current exhaust?

Also, this is something Chris (BlackR) wrote in the exhausts ection with regards to fitting a cat back exhaust. Hope it provides some help.

Black R said:
Tools Needed: 12 socket and ratchet, some WD40, exhaust assembly paste

Nat, from the backbox u will see 2 bolts with springs around them, you need to undo these first.

when u have take them out you will be able to free the pipe. If you spray some WD40 on the 2 rubber exhaust mounts if will make them easier to remove and refit. Slide the rubers off the backbox by pushing them towards the rear bumper while pulling the backbox towards the front of the car.

Before fitting the magnex, spray a bit more WD40 on the rubbers to aid fitting. Slide the Magnex mountings back into the rubbers. Its a good idea to spear the end of the 'B' pipe with some exhaust assemble paste to help it seal. (can get this from Halfords) Locate the backbox pipe into its hole.
Refit the 2 bolts with the springs and tighten. Adjust the rubbers to make sure the box is alinged with the bumper.

Polish the backbox and take some pics, and host them on the forum :D

With respect to the manifold, it might be worth PM'ing Andy or asking someone for further info. I'm not too sure how many bolts there are but I'm sure someone will help.

Off topic, where in Norway are you from?

I know a few people from Oslo area and I have been there many times.

Thanks alot, has helped me quite a bit :) Seems i read the manual from left to right insetad of the japanese right to left so i saw some pictures of the filter and a spray can, apparently its for cleaning :)

Im from Trondheim btw.

Quite happy with the mugen intake, make a low roaring sound when i push 6500, almost like my friends s2000 in a way. Also reminds me of a R bike.

Cant wait to fit the exhaust also. At trackday today a CRX owner had the fujitsubo fitted (crx version of course), and it sounded bloody great.

Even though i bought the fujitsubo for its quality and good fitting, good sound is a major bonus.

Gonna take it cool with the toda header for now. getting a new gasket and also living a while with the fujitsubo and the mugen first so that i can actually appreciate the difference and know what does what.

Back