• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Needing help and advice

Hi, sorry it has been so long since i have been on here.

i have started that i want to modify my EP3 more but i am finding it hard to choose products as i don't have that great a knowledge of cars. i was just wanting to know what the best lowering kits are (springs and shocks) i want to go down about 30mm if that helps at all. i also wanted to know what you benefits you get from putting strut braces in your car?

thank you very much for your help.

Hauke

Hi Hauke,

For springs, you will find most people will suggest either Eibach Pro or Spoon Pro Lowering Springs. They are pretty identical but Eibachs are around £160 and Spoon are around £300 so you pay your money and make your choice. I actually booked my car into TGM today to have Spoon's fitted but was advised to go with Eibachs so this is what I have done. I have also read that the Eibachs are a little easier to live with on a day to day basis but like I say, they are pretty identical.

That's perfect mate thank you do you anything about strut braces and the difference's it may make? But thank you so much for your help

Hauke have you already got a fast road set up? You will get more benefit from this rather than strut braces.

Mmm no don't mate, I just have the standard set up on the car as I said earlier I have little knowledge of cars. How would I go about getting the fast road set up?

That's perfect mate thank you do you anything about strut braces and the difference's it may make? But thank you so much for your help

You are welcome. No, I am afraid I know nothing about strut braces. Its not something I have ever wanted. Changing the rear anti roll bar to a JDM one is another item to consider and something I am also having done to my car. Not changing the front as it is supposed to be not worth it.

Can you have both lowering springs and strut braces? Only reason I am asking is that I think they look really smart

Can you have both lowering springs and strut braces? Only reason I am asking is that I think they look really smart

You can have both if you want but strut bars/braces are just bling items to be honest. I doubt you would notice any improvement to the handling. As suggested already the JDM rear ARB is worth fitting as it is thicker than the UK version. The front is the same thickness so no point in changing.

You can have both if you want but strut bars/braces are just bling items to be honest. I doubt you would notice any improvement to the handling. As suggested already the JDM rear ARB is worth fitting as it is thicker than the UK version. The front is the same thickness so no point in changing.

Yep, agree with this 100%.

Back