• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

needing help

hi im currently in the process of trying to buy an ep3, i have saw one, its a knighthawkblack premier edition and it has 90,000miles on the clock, the guy im buying it from has just moved to australia and has left the car with his uncle for me to view. we have already agreed a price of 4.5k is this good for the mileage and year? it is an 05 reg, with 1month tax and 8 months mot with no advisorys at the time of mot and has a full service history. any replies would be greatly appreciated as im not to clued up on cars, thanks for reading. also should i look out for any common defects?

thanks for that mate, appreciate it. if you where in my shoes would the car having 90000 miles put u off thats the only thing that is kind of getting to me. also do you think the problems in the buyers guide you sent the link for are still relevant to look out for?

Last edited by a moderator:
sounds good to me but make sure it's genuine and HPI clear as it is rather cheap IMO

this is to shaenei did you buy the fujitsubo exhaust brand new or did you get it 2nd hand, iv been looking for 1 but cant seem to find any anywhere?

If its an '05 i dont believe it can be a Premier edition.. IIRC it is '55 onwards

dont let the mileage put you off, my first EP has 90,000 and was fine, seats had a little wear and tear but overall was still perfect, as Stoo mentioned, as long as it has been well maintained it will be fine.

this is to shaenei did you buy the fujitsubo exhaust brand new or did you get it 2nd hand, iv been looking for 1 but cant seem to find any anywhere?

2nd hand, they're as rare as rocking horse sh!t. Took me ages to get my hands on one

If its an '05 i dont believe it can be a Premier edition.. IIRC it is '55 onwards

dont let the mileage put you off, my first EP has 90,000 and was fine, seats had a little wear and tear but overall was still perfect, as Stoo mentioned, as long as it has been well maintained it will be fine.

what do you mean IIRC?

here are a couple of pics

Thanks for the comments folk ive tried to post some pictures of the car I'm looking at but can't seem to get them up :(

Back