• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

New 2012 Honda Civic spy photos/chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just had a text from my mate at Honda, new civic type r will be 2 litre turbo. 210bhp, 150mph but only in 5 door. It's coming out in 2013

The reason it is turbo is all down to fuel economy.

It's not massively wound up at 210 bhp, but it will have more torque over the k20 which will mean they can make the gearing longer and the 0-60s won't suffer.

Economy will go the way they want as a consequence.

At least it should be a bit more tunable on a budget.

Thee ugliest car I've seen in a long time, new civics are everywhere around here, they boil my ****

There is a civic turbo type r in the pipe line but it has no release date yet. The NSX is in 2 years I think.

Quote from the Director of HUM; "The Type R will return in the future, but no date yet"

The NSX will be the next 'big thing' Honda do.

For now though, its just the all new 2013 CR-V (mass pro in September this year), followed by a Civic estate and the SU-V

Aye, this car has been very much touted as specifically for the European market...

What's the reason that they part the better parts on the JDM ones normally? Is it that we in Europe don't want to pay as much as Japan or something?

Drove my dad's 1.8 petrol, It's as bad as the new focus for driver visibility. It feels quite cramped too IMO, like the door cards and pillars take up loads of room. Bad blind spots. Engine was like any typical honda petrol engine, guttless & high revving.

There wasn't much I liked about it really, hated the digital dash. I don't need to know what gear I'm in, I selected it, I know already. It felt big and 'soft', a far cry from my EP3. The nicest thing I can say about it is that it was comfortable.

I really hope Honda samsh this one out and make the Type R a contender again.

I love Honda.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back