• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

CH1 New Accord

:eek: I know this is an aging thread but I have driven the new Accord (in 2.0 litre guise). It is very refined and pulls well low down with the i-vetec engine. The car also travels at speed with superb refinement (low wind noise and very little tyre noise).

The cornering is good too considering the tyres were not low pro's. The steering is light and does not give a lot in the way of feedback when pushing on but overall I was impressed. If I was after a 2 litre saloon I would plumb for it over a 320i any day of the week (beemers are for people with no imagination).

The old accord type R is another animal however. The brakes don't fade and handling is on another level. Anyone who tells you the new accord type S is nearly as good is having a laugh:twisted:

I've driven a 2.0 litre and the diesel and as "Bazz" said, the car is extremely smoothe, quite and refined but there lies it's downfall. The ATR makes you want to drive and find the twisty bits, the new Accord, although very good in the corners, is more at home on the motorway. Must be said however, stepping from the new Accord into say a 2001 Accord instantly makes the old one feel like a step down in terms of quality . . . just my opinion though mate. ;)

I've driven a 2.0 litre and the diesel and as "Bazz" said, the car is extremely smoothe, quite and refined but there lies it's downfall. The ATR makes you want to drive and find the twisty bits, the new Accord, although very good in the corners, is more at home on the motorway. Must be said however, stepping from the new Accord into say a 2001 Accord instantly makes the old one feel like a step down in terms of quality . . . just my opinion though mate. ;)

Agreed the new Accord is another level in terms of quality (apart from the seats). The old ATR recaro interior is the business (especially the black over red weave which is very similar to the new Ferrari F430 scudaria seats!).

Have to say though I love the ATR.....so much so I have just bought another one as a track day nail. High mileage early pre-facelift for £2.5K? Perfect track day weapon:twisted:

New accord has one major downfall though. The A pillars are huge and create a massive blind spot. Watch out when pulling out of juctions - you've been warned!

ATR is a seriously under rated drivers car.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back