• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

New Back Box for Unsilenced B pipe

I have a 6x4 oval tip magnex in the garage, I got it because it is supposed to be a quieter backbox to go with an unsilenced pipe. don't get me wrong its not quiet with the unsilenced b pipe but not deafening.
nice deep tone.

Other suggestion would be stick with OEM back box which is what I'm doing right now. Added induction kit to add more depth to the overall tone of the car.
The more I type the more im considering putting it back on, but I do plan on selling it.

What backbox is currently fitted?

Ive got the standard one with a cone filter. Ill be getting the tegiwa gruppe m replica in the next couple of months with the plan of remapping after an exhaust upgrade. I thought I could save money and just get a back box as the standard one could be restrictive

I believe the standard one is pretty good up to 300bhp then it becomes restrictive, you may get a couple of bhp from a backbox but doubt much more.
Manifold etc is more restrictive. I plan on getting remap with just b pipe and intake.

The standard box makes motorway journey so much nicer.
I had the spoon N1 with unsilenced pipe and could hardly hear my music and I had a decent sound system fitted at the time
I think the standard back box is great, iv gone back to it twice, but I guess its also personal preference

Back