• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

New brakes fitted

CTR

Ain't nothin' but a peanut
Went to ADR on Monday to have my new brakes fitted. Had the STOPTECH kit fitted on the front, Powerslot brakes (aka AEM big disc kit) and Spoon pads at the rear, braided hoses all round and Motul RBF brake fluid.

When I first drove the car after the brakes had been fitted pedal travel was really excessive, almost going down to the floor. Got slightly better the more times I applied the brakes on the way home. Carried out the recommended bed in procedure by STOPTECH and what a difference there is now. There is an almost instantaneous response when the brakes are applied and you can feel the potential power that this kit could provide. Haven't really had a chance to give them a good work out due to the crappy weather conditions of late but when I get the chance to I have a feeling that they'll monster the speed off.

Very happy with my choice and would advise anyone who's thinking of buying the STOPTECH kit to go striaght ahead with it. Excellent quality kit.

My highlight of the day though had to be passing a pink StreetKa on the M1 with 'Barbie is a slut' stickered on the side :roll:

Was going to get this kit next year, but lucky for me Julian is selling me his spoon brakes.

I'll take some pics on the weekend and post em as soon as I can. They really set the car off 8)

The powerslot discs cost me £400 from Stevie at Unit 8. That was with the forum discount (£450 otherwise). Thanks once again for those mate, top service as usual :smt023

I ordered the STOPTECH kit direct from them (www.stoptech.com). I paid a little extra to have the discs anodized with a zinc coating to prevent rusting of the vanes and any other bits. Also ordered stainless rear lines, titanium backing plates (slot in between pad and pistons to further reduce heat transfer) and four bottles of Motul RBF fluid. That little lot came around £1200. I was quoted around £1350 by Abbey motorsport just for the basic kit. I did get caught out by UPS though. They phoned at 8.30pm the night before the kit was due to be delivered demanding £250 import duty before they would deliver :(

Fitting came to just over £200 at ADR Motorsport and the rear Spoon pads were around £130 I think. Thanks once again to Carl for that. Top bloke :smt023

All in all I'm really happy with purchase. I would advise ordering from STOPTECH directly as there are a lot more options for the brake kit (different colour calipers and different type of discs)

Neily03 said:
Show us some pics!!! :wink: 8)

I saw them this week....they are HUUUUUUUUGE.......will stop a fekkin jumbo jet. :lol: :lol:

yowserctr said:
Neily03 said:

I saw them this week....they are HUUUUUUUUGE.......will stop a fekkin jumbo jet. :lol: :lol:

As soon as I get the chance I'm gonna be testing these babies myself. Look out Liam, I'm coming!

(for those wondering what I'm on about, he's my brother :lol: )

y2 said:
yowserctr said:
Neily03 said:

As soon as I get the chance I'm gonna be testing these babies myself. Look out Liam, I'm coming!

(for those wondering what I'm on about, he's my brother :lol: )

Glad you put that last bit in mate :lol: :lol:

This is a pic of the stoptech kit, I almost bought them!

S3400004.jpg

paul.goffin said:
No chance of getting the spare of those babies :lol:

NOOOOOOOOOOO....way. :lol:

There is only avout 1-2mm of clearance between the alloy and the caliper...it is far too close for my liking. :?

Back