• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

New Buddy Club Pro Spec Muffler

Hi All,

I have just fitted my new Buddy Club Pro Spec III exhaust system. I had a nightmare getting the original system off and ended up cutting it off!

The Buddy Club system was simple to fit and all the hangers etc were perfectly positioned. Really impressed with the welding and i think it looks fantastic.

It is however a lot louder than the original exhaust. Thankfully it is supplied with a silencer to slide in.

76CBE0CF-7081-4C06-B115-B0D543235201_zpsak2m5zj9.jpg

9E4B7CEA-3C6E-4590-888D-02174E0FC700_zpsbbmil955.jpg

D832BF08-3C74-44A8-BF70-86B788AECDDC_zps14une4tf.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Some help required if possible please. After driving the car I noticed that exhaust was vibrating on the underside of the car. After checking it out the midsection is actually touching the floor at the join. I also noticed that the back box is touching the anti roll bar.

Here are some photo's so that you can see what I mean

9f75c5df-8f94-4aa3-a904-b57fe65c1f01_zpspvpacswp.jpg

ACD7C27B-89D8-43FF-9A20-0DC086EE5DA7_zpsv6p97gz7.jpg

039F48A7-93AE-46E8-8E60-8586E7479EC7_zpsdhmmqmtp.jpg

The hangers are the standard rubber ones as far as I know. I seems like they need to be longer in the middle. But what is confusing me is the back box is low and is already sitting on the anti roll bar. If I lower the midsection then the back box will still be on the anti roll bar, and if i raise the back hanger then it wont clear the rear lip.

I hope this all makes sense. Has anyone had trouble like this before?

I had a ProSpec on my dc5 and had no problems like that.

You may try find a lower mount for the mid section and a higher one for the back box.

It'll probably take you some jiggering before it sits right.

Where do i get different exhaust hangers from? I have looked at the Powerflex ones but none of them are remotely similar. They are triangle shaped mounts with a single hole at the top to hang off the car. and then 2 holes at the bottom to hang the exhaust through.

They look a little like this. You can see the mid hanger in one of the photo's

Exhaust_System_Hanger_Insulator_Walker_35375___eBay_zpsqo5voj0m.jpg

Mid section looks like you'd get away with bending the hanger upwards to let it drop down a bit.

The backbox might be sorted with that hanger above.

Take it to an exhaust centre and I'm sure they'll have a variety of hangers to lift/drop it.

I have resolved the issue.

It turns out that when I bolted the exhaust together it must have been in the position against the underside of the car and stayed there.

Last night I put the car on the ramps and undid the bolts on each section. Whilst pulling the exhaust away from the underside of the car as hard as I could I then did the bolts on each section back up. The Exhaust has now stayed an inch away from the underside of the car.

To cure the backbox touching the anti roll bar I undid the backbox clamp, forced the backbox as far away from the anti roll bar as possible and did that back up.

No knocking or vibration at all on my drive to work this morning. :lol:

Panic over, User error.

Back