• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

New car -NHB ep3 build

Ok so here's my blac ep3 that I collected on Sunday after a quick clea today. 63k on the clock. Pretty standard apart from the coloured wheels which I quite like at the min and a silver aerial which has to go :p. Thought I would start this thread to show the progress overthrow period I have her. I had a 1.2 corsa for the past 7 years so to say I'm loving this car and having a lot of fun is a understatement. I have her booked in for rear 3 tints on Monday too but can't decide whether to go limo black or next step lighter as the future I may get her wrapped in a lighter colour and the such dark windows might look odd? Also was gonna get my self a personalised number plate but don't think I need one now ;)

Thanks. Yeh gonna go dark smoke I've decided. We'll got a dodgey cigarette lighter to sort and that stupid aerial also changing. Headlight bulbs but no one can give me a easy answer as to which to use. But yeah so many plans just time and money :p new head unit next I think.

keep the plate haha! First thing I noticed lol. Cool wee car to start with anyway. All the best with it :)

ok so to start off had the rear 3 windows tinted today. got them done at carbon shades in swadlincote and what a top job and top bloke. even gave me a lift to the town centre as it was raining :bigthumb: decided on smoked instead of limo black and definately think i made the right choice :).

just ordered myself a Pioneer AVH-X2500BT Double Din with all the bits which should be arriving tomorrow
thumbs-up.gif
so have a go at fitting that at some point and i think im going spray the centre console why its out as i hate the silver. dunno what colour though
icon_e_sad.gif
. thinking gloss or matt black.

ok well had a horrible day today 3 hours on the head unit! the facia doesnt fit or anything (its even a different colour to the rest of the dash) so its been left with the shop that supplied it to fit it into the surround by tomorrow. :bad-words:

head unit update!. after leaving it with the place i bought the head unit from to fit they have made a right crap job, hacked at it all. doesnt fit no where near flush. sticks out, wonky! everything so have emailed a rather strong complaint and shall be ringing them in the morning to be sorted out and fitted properly and with a new fascia (which they messed up). LIVID aint the half of it.

so i fitted osram nightbreakers plus to both my main and dipped. heres a pic of dipped (sorry its a crap one) but there is a fair bit of difference, with the main beam there is hardly any. although i really wanna change the side lights now as they look really yellow.

Man, your number plate makes me laugh. It's amazing!

I've found the trick for fitting facias. On the rear, where it contacts the console, there is usually a lip and some supports; these need to be cut and filed at an angle, allowing the facia to sit in the hole easily. Occasionally the outer edge of the facia also needs to be reshaped, particularly around the corners. The metal support frame is enough to hold the stereo and facia, it doesn't need to be a tight fit on the console.

It has taken me a lot of trial and error to figure it out. B*st*rd facias.

i wish you had told the company this before they attempted to fit it very badly indeed (aparently after fitting loads of double dins on ep3's). i rang to complain and they said take the legal route! hahaha

Back