• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

new car :) vtec feels even better. s2k yo. PICS ADDED pg5.

You can get some springs that will give you a fair drop, but you'll end up with bump steer issues and drive shaft issues. What you want/need, is the following-
Springs (£200?)
Front anti bump steer kit (£90) http://www.racepartshop.com/parts/s...nt-anti-bump-steer-kit-aluminium-2pcsset.html
Rear anti bump steer/toe links (£200) http://www.racepartshop.com/parts/s...rear-toe-control-arm-pillow-ball-2pcsset.html
Drive shaft spacer kit. (£50-100) http://www.racepartshop.com/parts/suspension/s2000-rear-drive-spacer.html

And obviously the geo setting up after this work is done. The above linked items are at the higher end of the price range, you can get them much cheaper. I got my rear toe links for £150 from eBay.com(USA), non branded spacers, and MeisterR front kit.

Awesome, thanks for that.

If and when i put on 17's whats the best size "width" to go for as they are obviously staggered. Will i need to modify arches. So do you think 25mm and 30mm drops will be enough? Its got to look low if you get me.... :)

3267768c.jpg

It does look boss mate, but it's not only the wheels that make this car great, it super clean, decked, perfect wheel offsets and super trick wing mirrors.

Still go for it man if you want BBS, I'd love to see you pull something like ^^^ that off.

Awesome, thanks for that.

If and when i put on 17's whats the best size "width" to go for as they are obviously staggered. Will i need to modify arches. So do you think 25mm and 30mm drops will be enough? Its got to look low if you get me.... :)

Low enough for who? To stop you going over speed humps? No, that's not low. A decent drop. If you want more, I'm sure there are springs for that but I've never looked into ruining a car like that. lol.

Wheel size, depends on what you like and what they are available in. I think if you get 9" on the rear with a suitable offset you will require rolled arches. 8.5" should be fine with 245/40 tyres.

Low enough for who? To stop you going over speed humps? No, that's not low. A decent drop. If you want more, I'm sure there are springs for that but I've never looked into ruining a car like that. lol.

Wheel size, depends on what you like and what they are available in. I think if you get 9" on the rear with a suitable offset you will require rolled arches. 8.5" should be fine with 245/40 tyres.

low enough to achieve the look in above linked picture. Im guessing its at least 50mm. What width is best to go for in terms of driving? Does the half inch change the car much? I'm quite aware the ride height will contribute to changing the handling :)

low enough to achieve the look in above linked picture. Im guessing its at least 50mm. What width is best to go for in terms of driving? Does the half inch change the car much? I'm quite aware the ride height will contribute to changing the handling :)

My coilies are down 50mm and the front isn't that low.

Running a staggered set up is what the car is designed to run on, so yeah staggered is better.

I have 8's and 7's on my OEM's but my Super Advan's are 9's and 8's, in the US 9 is the lowest you can go though :lol: .

Those BBS look 9 and 8 too me :) .

Look at your own car thread, I posted in it asking what you thought about it now that you've lived with it for a while. :lol:

:lol:

Get one then lezza chops.

Cheap as shít now and will either kill, or scare you to within an inch of your life in the winter :D .

It's not that bad, but it will bite you in the face if the conditions/road are FAIL and you're not ready for it.

Get one man and we can lol together !!!
Yeah, probably, just seeing what's about mate.

REDUCED DUE TO BOTTOM END NOISE TARP.

get on with you, i used to beat the life out of mine when it was boosted, infact one night mase and i were street tuning mine, and it was pouring down, hit it in 1st, spin up, 2nd spin up, 3rd, spin up, so 4th and boost kicked in off we went, he screamed lol :D

once you learn the limits of the car and have it set up good they truly do handle well, but when people have knackery shocks, blown bushes, and crappy tyres they will always let go in the wet

have fun :D

They're outstanding wheels. I would go back to them - if the opporutnity ever presented itself again. Bronze though. :)

Back