• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

New Civic In Germany

Funky said:
27.jpg

This picture means that the new Civic doesn't have torsion bar suspension right?

That is a torsion bar mate, it runs from one side of the car to the other. :D

There's nothing wrong with torsion bars if used correctly. Don't you think Honda, after so much testing, would know a little bit about suspension?

Anyway, looks minging IMO :?

If it is a torsion bar, then why the spring? The torsion bar eliminates the need for a spring. I can understand the need for a damper but not a spring? :?

I think it is safe to say that Honda will have done so much testing with a Torsion Bar setup. The test pilots would have spent ages making sure it done the job in hand.

Let us not judge a book by it's cover now folks, and if you like you can have a go in mine on September 1st 2007. 8)

edit - Milano of course. 8)

The model in the image makes it look 8) a lot better than the orange one shown on the honda site!

Damn shame if they have got rid of the dash gear lever!

Gaz

looks good! Reminds of the blind dude in Star Trek: Next Generation.

but yes, the gear stick would've been better up on the dash. That's what makes the current Civic stand out and really much more convenient for drivers!

Bazzer said:
If it is a torsion bar, then why the spring? The torsion bar eliminates the need for a spring. I can understand the need for a damper but not a spring? :?

You are thinking of the Pug/ Renault design, this one is based more on the old Vauxhall design like on the Nova and Astra, they had torsion bar with springs and dampers. :wink:

At least lowering the car will be easier because you only have to undo the lower bolt of the damper to get the spring out. :D

Don't like the car, the lady though :lol: :oops:

SOates82 said:
07.jpg

So cant imagine the type r looking much different tbh... minging IMO! and back to a non-dash mounter gear shift :cry:

Yet another wrong colour choice to show :x

They showed one at work to us Associates last week, now that did look the part... It was one of the new darker metalic colours.. the new Silver looks good, even good old Milano Red looks good in it :)

I think the black looks good, but thinking about it looking at that in a darker mettalic colour would indeed look the business.

Ok thats the 5 door but with some deeper skirts, deeper front bumper, some bigger alloys and a few spoilers / vents here and there and will look awsome in my opinion.

But thats just my opinion :p

I'm actually look forward to having a look around one at a showroom 8)

Its looking good on these latest photos.

I can't see the rear suspension being anywhere close to that of the focus with that twist beam.

I think honda have gone for the safe option of a reliable and durable set up after the troubles they've had with the current design's rear arms and tyre wear.
It also rules out any future 4x4 development.

I'm still looking forward to giving one of these a bloody good thrapping round though :twisted:

Tarticus said:
bigger alloys

Pete, those in the pic are the show ones, they are 18" :shock: (same ones as fitted to the car I saw last week at work)

They will be a dealer fit option for the 5 door.

Pete, those in the pic are the show ones, they are 18" Shocked (same ones as fitted to the car I saw last week at work)

They will be a dealer fit option for the 5 door.

Jesus they look a lot lot smaller than that in that pic maybe the black makes them look smaller :)

Like the look of the alloys though :)

Well I'll be damed, it is actually starting to grow on me. Amazing how good black can make a car look :) I can just imagine how a CTR may look (well in my head anyway).

Back