• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 New Civic Type R chat

Chris.

Founder
Administrator
We all know that Honda are releasing a replacement for the current CTR in 2007.

Details so far are sketchy on the car, and as far as I am aware no details have yet been released from Honda about the car.

Rumours say it will be a modified version of the current K20A tuned to push out 230 bhp ish.

The idea of this thread is to keep ALL new CTR chat in here, to save on having 500 threads on the same subject, allowing easy browsing for current info and gossip on the car.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/61600/civic_type_r_set_for_uk_show.html

The world exclusives keep coming for the British Motor Show. Hot on the heels of a raft of debuts already declared, Honda is set to join the party, as the firm has dropped the biggest hint yet that it will unveil the new Civic Type R at the expo.

Industry insiders reckon the launch is a real possibility for the Japanese manufacturer's stand at next summer's London show. And a company spokesman told Auto Express: "There's a desire to do something at the British Motor Show. Because of the plant at Swindon, the UK is considered our patch and we should be making big waves there."

The three-door Civic is due to premiere at the Geneva Show in March. That leaves the way clear for the hot Type R to roar into the capital.

Advance Motor Show tickets go on sale at the start of next month. Weekday entry is £8, while at the weekend it's £12. The first public day is 20 July, when only 25,000 people will be admitted - half the usual number. Admission is £30.

18446oq.jpg

Found this pic while haveing a nose. Anything to do with the 3 door - or is it just Honda wetting our appetite?

Where is the wet warm hole located on that mate. I want to hump it! 8)

smeg said:
Where is the wet warm hole located on that mate. I want to hump it! 8)

It;s very nice indeed. If this is a concept for the 3 door then honda are on to a winner!

Very nice pic Chris, will be interested if it looks like that, lets hope the put an engine in it that does it justice, or I can put my present engine and mods in it.

Just spoken to a friend who is a manager at Honda. He went to see the new civic this week and said the 1.8 had a very nice induction roar from it. Also it's looking like its going to be a 2.4 in the RR :wink:

Damians said:
Also it's looking like its going to be a 2.4 in the RR :wink:

If it is then it won't be the current one found in the Accord Type S.

The engine simply cannot handle high revs without a lot of modification, and I doubt very much that Honda would bother TBH.

I still think they'll use the current K20A. It's an absoloute gem of an engine and a few more BHP would not be hard at all to attain with a few modifications to the intake, manifold and ECU.

If it aint broke then don't fix it so the saying goes.

Someone (no names mentioned) disagreed with me when I posted this on the old Forum last year but when I was Mortgage Adviser in Swindon, I did a mortgage for one of the production managers at the Honda Plant.

He had a CTR company car and we got talking about them and he stated that out the box the K20a engine is good for about 235bhp but because of emissions laws over here and in Japan they detune them to 197bhp and 212bhp accordingly.

So based on that info, as technology moves on, I can see no reason why they can't reduce the amount of detuning that goes on at the plant and produce a new CTR with 220/225bhp with the K20a.

milano_chris said:
Damians said:

The engine simply cannot handle high revs without a lot of modification, and I doubt very much that Honda would bother TBH.

I still think the'll use the current K20A. It's an absoloute gem of an engine and a few more BHP would not be hard at all to attain with a few modifications to the intake, manifold and ECU.

I agree I would rather have a high revving smaller engine than a bigger slower revving one. But he is insistant that the rumour at Honda at the moment is a 2.4 engine lets just hope they get the redline up to 8,000 :twisted: :twisted:

Damians said:
milano_chris said:
Damians said:

I still think the'll use the current K20A. It's an absoloute gem of an engine and a few more BHP would not be hard at all to attain with a few modifications to the intake, manifold and ECU.

I agree I would rather have a high revving smaller engine than a bigger slower revving one. But he is insistant that the rumour at Honda at the moment is a 2.4 engine lets just hope they get the redline up to 8,000 :twisted: :twisted:

The rumour about the 2.4 has been floating around now for a good few months. In all honesty I doubt they will use this engine. If they was to create a new 2.4 i-VTEC unit, it would be a bit lame to only push out 220bhp ish (or whatever Honda have planned).

A good bet would be seeing the 2.4 in the Type S. However, it would be a tight fit looking at the engine bay of the 5 door.

I would bet money on the K20A getting used in the new Type R :wink:

Scousefella said:
Damians said:
Rip off Britain will convert that same price into pounds - even though we will build the fooking new CTR!!!!! :evil:

I know what you mean, when I was in the US last month I was working with a guy who had just bought a new car.
I forgot the name, but its Nissan USA brand and was basically the 350Z high spec with a 3.5 V6 and he paid $22,000 (£13,000) :evil:

Back