• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 New Civic Type R chat

Yeah fair one. Would be cool if we could get some photo's of the actual show though :?

I can have a nosey around if you like as I'm sure Janine's Dad would have been there a few times. He might know a place or two.

paul.goffin said:
M C said:
Are you sure that there aren't any small B&B type places around?

Struggling to find them :( , there is hotels available towards the end of the 2nd week. The trouble is by then everyone will have seen pictures of it and it will loose the excitement of going.

Have you tried Lausanne Paul.

Easy to get to from Geneva........just along the lake by train.

http://www.holidaycityeurope.com/lausannehotels/

paul.goffin said:
I was quite interested in going to the Geneva Motor Show to see the new Type R.

Flights with EasyJet are only £75 return from Stansted, but almost all the hotels are already full booked for the duration of the show :evil: any left are about £200 a night :shock:

Guess I'll wait to see it at the UK motorshow.

Couldn't you get an early flight, spend all day there and fly back that night? Would be a long day but I would be up for it. I'm off for the rest of the week so I'll look into it :wink:

EDIT - I have found a Hotel with a free room :wink: I'll check my Rota and make sure I'm off or able to book holiday and then get the room booked. Are you up for it Paul?

Went into my local stealers on sat to have a look at the new shape civic, hmmm, well i'm still nottotally sold on it but granted it does look better 'in the flesh' than in the pics..............any way..................got talking to the sales guy about the 2007 CTR(R) and he was telling me that he/they have taken 5 deposits for then new Type-r even though NO-ONE has seem what it looks like or what the specs are.

He did say that the press release they had been sent (just after Xmas) was indicating 250 horses, but he did go onto say that i was speculation and not confirmed, he also said that when he went to Swindon to look over & learn about the New civic they had the design team behind closed doors working on the styling/look of the Type-r and understandably so when really pushed for info were very very sheepish about even taliking about it incase they gave anything away.

I know all the above is from a dealer and you have to take what they take with a pinch of salt but in his credit he did'nt elaborate on any info that i had already learnt from here and he also seemed really genuine (i'm a salesman so i can usually tell when someone is bullsh1tting)

monkey boy kev said:
he also said that when he went to Swindon to look over & learn about the New civic they had the design team behind closed doors working on the styling/look of the Type-r

Thought the type-r was/is designed in Japan and built in Swindon? :?

The new CTR is allready designed, has been for a while now ;).

Cover story and large article in this weeks Autocar :)

noncar%5Cautocar%5Ccover.jpg

Just got autocar now, and the following is what I've read. Apparently the new CTR will be unveiled at next months Geneva motorshow and could be on sale as early as September. They say the car will powered by a 2.2 litre engine producing 197BHP but with a slightly better torque curve due to the increased capacity. Apparently there will also be two R versions. The Type-R could be slightly less hardcore to ensure it can compete with more cultured and useable hatches like the Focus ST and Golf GTI. The hardcore RR version is expected to expected to produce at least 225BHP (possibly higher) and undergo a weight saving programme. The RR version follows Honda's motorcyle division which has built a number of spin off virtual race replicas under the RR badge.

Despite Honda announcing the new CTR would go on sale in 2007, one dealer which spoke to Autocar said they would be taking deposits in late summer before the car goes on sale in Spetember.

Well, lets just wait and see. :wink: (I for one will take everything written above with a BIG pinch of salt)

Stood in Tesco and read the article. :oops:

Personally I think Autocar (who admit in the spread that the main pic is an impression of theirs) are just hoping every Tom Dick and Harry buy the mag for "Scoop" value. :lol: :lol:

I will wait for Bazzer to post from Geneva. :twisted:

The Autocar report is typical media speculation and bullshit. Nothing is revealed until March, so they are making up bullshit to sell their magazine. Don't buy it :twisted:

I'll post all pictures and vid clips on my return :wink:

Well i'm sure one of the magazines will get it right. Think i have seen just about every possiblity.

Bazzer said:
The Autocar report is typical media speculation and bullshit. Nothing is revealed until March, so they are making up bullshit to sell their magazine. Don't buy it :twisted:

I'll post all pictures and vid clips on my return :wink:

I comes to me. I've got a subscription :oops:

I would not be surprised if some spy shots got out before the motor show.

I would be extremely surprised if they used a 2.2 :wink:

MilanoChris said:

Exactly, we will see pics of one taped up etc.... round the Nurburg Ring or somewhere similar soon. Gotta be some on-road testing done somewhere!

MilanoChris said:

Dont forget that Nurburgring/new CTR thingy :wink: :wink: :wink:

Thinking about now though, it is possilble that they would choose a 2.2 engine. If the rumours of an RR being released are true then it would be in keeping with current CTR of being 100BHP per litre, assuming the RR would be around the 220BHP mark.

Scousefella said:
Stood in Tesco and read the article. :oops:

I did the same

Can't see Honda only giving it 197bhp form a 2.2 though when it's rivals are all on the 220bhp figure.

Hope not anyway :?

Bit disappointed with that Autocar article tbh - thought they were better than that but most of what they've written is bollocks. The new CTR will have a similar engine to the current one, but I don't suppose that makes for good copy... :roll:

Back