• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

New Civic Type R

i know its early days, but i read in autocar that it was only goin to be around 210-220BHP but built on weight instead of power. apparently gonna av thin glass panel windows, lightweight body panels and no sound proofing what so ever. whether it'll drive any good is yet to be discovered. i know its got a torsion beam rear axle rather than the traditional honda wishbone setup. they chose this route to liberate boot space. who cares?

I'm just hoping I can hold out for the new model, I don't normally keep 'em that long. I like the look of it. The only thing I'd change, is I'd have the arching LED tacho where the speed is going to be (Ala the S2000) and an analogue speedo.

I would prefer the rev counter near the speedo tbh, I don't like the way they've stagger the dials, the shape is growing on me. :wink:

Just remember that white photoshop is a rendering taken from the US Civic Si. The Type-R IMO will be shorter with more styling cues from the Uk 5 door rear than the US Si?

That white one will probably be JDM spec Sad

Flame me all you want but I think there will be one spec for all and not a TDM spec as we have it now

and it will be about 210-220 BHP

clawz said:
Scousefella said:
And I will be getting one!!! :twisted: :twisted:

DITTO scouse!
soon as i know of a list at my dealer then the name goes down!!! :twisted:

I don't expect to be using a dealer - more of an "Importer". :twisted: :twisted:

Unless Tarticus is right and all models are as one. :D

If it looks like this, I too will definately be getting one

newCTR.jpg

LUSH

hoggy a said:
who gives a feck aslong as its quick than its rival's :lol: :lol:

I just hope Honda put together the complete package.

Recaros, LSD, Champ White. UK Sales. :D

23K!!!!! OUCH!

not sure if i'll hae enough for that!, guess i'd better start saving now!

whats the score with the pictures and where they come from?

who are the guysknocing about etc...public who got lucky etc??

and this is very different to the shape u were all banging on about before eh.....what is the diffinative shape..or nobody 100% SURE YET.

dan

That looks quite horny, wonder if i'll have any redundancy money left by then to help me change.

That looks much better in blue than that horrible orange colour.

It's the SI for the american market. Our Type R will be somwhat different I believe.

Well as long as they do'nt have that disgusting orange as an option for the R i don't mind.
That blue is peachy though.

Back