• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FL5 New Civic Type R

Not sure this forum is used much these days , but anyone planning to get one?

I put a deposit down to try and secure one of the first, if I don’t like it when the release details are out I’ll keep my FK8.

I put a deposit down to try and secure one of the first, if I don’t like it when the release details are out I’ll keep my FK8.

Have they released the prices? I have not seem much about them lately and the last I heard was a potential release in 2023, hopefully that's not right as I am considering one but wanted to know the price first

Have they released the prices? I have not seem much about them lately and the last I heard was a potential release in 2023, hopefully that's not right as I am considering one but wanted to know the price first

No they haven’t but given how little time the car will be for sale and the lack of new cars being built thought it prudent to get in early in the hope to secure an early car and if didn’t like can sell relatively easy due to demand.

First deliveries are likely to be qtr 4 this year I reckon. I'm expecting it to be 39,995 for the gt. But have to wait and see. Looking like it's going to be great and will consider swapping my 21 plate one in if its good. Reckon thr wrap will be off very soon now to counter corolla gr release hype in the states

Have they released the prices? I have not seem much about them lately and the last I heard was a potential release in 2023, hopefully that's not right as I am considering one
No they haven’t but given how little time the car will be for sale and the lack of new cars being built thought it prudent to get in early in the hope to secure an early car and if didn’t like can sell relatively easy due to demand.

Did they need much of a deposit, I will be a cash buyer so wondering if it's worth going to my local Honda dealer :)

Have they released the prices? I have not seem much about them lately and the last I heard was a potential release in 2023, hopefully that's not right as I am considering one

Did they need much of a deposit, I will be a cash buyer so wondering if it's worth going to my local Honda dealer :)

Because supply will be limited I'd keep being a cash buyer to yourself when speaking with any dealer that's not a sale they are particularly interested in. I Was a cash buyer too. They'd much rather allocate cars to pcp or HP buyers. I know a few people who had 21 reg fk8 cars cancelled by dealers in the last min scrables to secure cars at the end of the production run. Which then sold to other buyers who wanted pcp or where prepared to pay more than advertised. I was lucky the dealer I used told me after I secured my car that in the weeks I was waiting for delivery 3 people offered to pay way over list to steal the order . Thankfully the sales manager at Wimbledon Park honda was a stand up guy and refused. But I known others who where not so lucky and simply had deposit returned and sales cancelled.
Shocking behaviour.

Dealers have no idea as there is no official word from Honda on anything related to the new Type R. Only the Prototype under wraps at the Tokyo Auto Salon and this drip feed of performance tuning and testing at Suzuka which led to the fastest lap announcement. Anything else is pure speculation. I would imagine that it is still under wraps as its a prototype and they may still be playing with air ducts, grill and bumper shapes etc. The estimated time frame from the majority of people 'in the know' who have looked at previous launch patterns suggests a Q3 2022 reveal with the first models shipping Q2 2023. They haven't even announced if the car will be available in the UK either. With manufacturing moving to the US or Japan (unconfirmed) we could have the same issue as the Corolla GR, US market only. I hope thats not the case.

Because supply will be limited I'd keep being a cash buyer to yourself when speaking with any dealer that's not a sale they are particularly interested in. I Was a cash buyer too. They'd much rather allocate cars to pcp or HP buyers. I know a few people who had 21 reg fk8 cars cancelled by dealers in the last min scrables to secure cars at the end of the production run. Which then sold to other buyers who wanted pcp or where prepared to pay more than advertised. I was lucky the dealer I used told me after I secured my car that in the weeks I was waiting for delivery 3 people offered to pay way over list to steal the order . Thankfully the sales manager at Wimbledon Park honda was a stand up guy and refused. But I known others who where not so lucky and simply had deposit returned and sales cancelled.
Shocking behaviour.

Cool and thanks for the heads up as I’ve never bought a car on hp or pcp etc so had no idea about that, but damn that’s off cancelling Ann order to profiteer from a sale to someone else :-(

From memory (I may be wrong though) but with fk8 didn't we see it april ish 2017? Then some fast laps (ring breaking record in May ) then first cars delivered in UK in Sep 2017? Of course it was made in swindon which would have helped dramatically with the cars arriving with buyers quickly

I'm gutted about the corolla GR not coming here. I've been on the list for a cancellation of a GR Yaris for the wife but would much prefer the corolla. Really hope the new type R comes here, fairly sure it will.

Last edited:
We will know more when we start hearing about press cars. I’m Hoping final Quarter this year but well aware could be well into next year too, especially if coming from Japan which I hope.

Will have been nice to have had the one of first, think my old EK9 was second one in U.K back in 97/98 and to own the last petrol Civic Type R from Japan.

Do we know yet if rhd cars will be built in Japan or the USA?

Honda Australia confirmed last year in a press release that RHD will be made in Japan. I assume that will be for all RHD markets as it wouldn't make sense to just do UK RHD in the US and Japan and Australia RHD in Japan..

Just read an article that states UK coming from Japan, if the GT86 is anything to go by the U.K. allocation could be sold out as soon as released.

Back