• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FL5 New Civic Type R

They managed to sell the FK8 run out LE for 50k, the new FL5 is better in all areas. I still think entry level will be sub 40k, at 50k I’ll bale.
I have the money but got my Emira coming later next year so would just hold on for that, I have the fun car box ticked for now .

As I said I doubt it will be as in the U.K. there isn’t a market for a 50k Fwd Honda. At 45k for full specced car I’d be happy.

I’m glad I got my FK8 when I did. 35k was maxing my budget 3 years ago. There is no way I could stretch to 40k let alone 45k. The FK8,s a keeper for me.

Dave and Matt, I am selling my s1 111s and casting around for what to get next, Exigepossibly but I like the look of the fk8 although I have only seen photos so far, not sat in one. I forget ep3 successor was it the fn2. I prefer what I have - ep3 - inside to the fn2 which I found a bit lairy.

Dave and Matt, I am selling my s1 111s and casting around for what to get next, Exigepossibly but I like the look of the fk8 although I have only seen photos so far, not sat in one. I forget ep3 successor was it the fn2. I prefer what I have - ep3 - inside to the fn2 which I found a bit lairy.

S1 111s nice, an FK8 won’t replace that raw seat of your pants feel, but you will appreciate the comfort and the handling is very, very good, you won’t be disappointed. I went from Elise’s to the FK8, jumped back in an Elise recently and whilst I loved it I couldn’t live with it now tbh, game has moved on.

All I would say is I think the FK8 will drop a bit more, personally I’d wait until first FL5 land as I suspect a few more will hit the market. Any questions let me know, good choice though!

I'm still holding firm that it'll be just under 40k. I'm keeping his of my fk8 for a good few years anyway.
b5b4e125903e913374f7450f9f46f891.jpg

Sent from my CPH2009 using Tapatalk

With the massive increase in manufacturing costs and the failing £/$ XE, it may be challenging for this to come in under £40k. The FK8 will stay regardless, it's a fantastic second car so we will keep it for that purpose. I see no compelling reason to buy the new blander for the US market model.

>jumped back in an Elise recently and whilst I loved it I couldn’t live with it now >tbh, game has moved on.

I agree and disagree. If I had a parallel driveway and a lot more money than I do then I would have to have the s1 as part of a set as it represents the nearest to a race car that I will own. Its game has not moved on nor should it, but my game has, so yes in that sense I agree.

What do you think of the sport line?

S1 111s nice, an FK8 won’t replace that raw seat of your pants feel, but you will appreciate the comfort and the handling is very, very good, you won’t be disappointed. I went from Elise’s to the FK8, jumped back in an Elise recently and whilst I loved it I couldn’t live with it now tbh, game has moved on.

All I would say is I think the FK8 will drop a bit more, personally I’d wait until first FL5 land as I suspect a few more will hit the market. Any questions let me know, good choice though!

>jumped back in an Elise recently and whilst I loved it I couldn’t live with it now >tbh, game has moved on.

I agree and disagree. If I had a parallel driveway and a lot more money than I do then I would have to have the s1 as part of a set as it represents the nearest to a race car that I will own. Its game has not moved on nor should it, but my game has, so yes in that sense I agree.

Tbh Ive never seen, let alone driven one. They didn’t sell too many, it won’t be any slower and on the road a tad more comfortable due to a better sized wheel, think they were 19’s instead of the silly 20’s. I loved the bananas looks of the FK8 and the sportline wasn’t an option when I bought mine but even if it had would have stuck with the GT, for me cars like that need a big wing.

I am not great on selling cars and instead of selling the 111s I seem to have bought an fk2! I must see if there are any meets planned for fellow otaku!
I like the big wing also, and the ridiculous g force meter. I don't like its kerb magnetism.

I liked my FK2 a lot more than both of my FK8s, wish I still had it TBH

Latest word on the street is the FL5 is going to be £46k-ish in the UK

Chris.

Our FK8 PCP is up in March 2023....can't see a chance of an FL5 being available by then :(

It's looking like a 310 PS Cupra Formentor as a possible for us :cool:

Hello from SELOC to you and @VTECMattC :)
I agree with what both of you say about the Elise and not being able to live with it these days. I replaced my DC5 with my S2 111s and despite liking it, I also can't live with it these days. I enjoy driving my FK2 way more and my Elise will be up for sale in the next 6 months. As you say, the game has moved on. Just toying with what to get now as my track car, another DC5, a well sorted EP3 or track the FK2 and get an FK8 as the daily.

Back