• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FL5 New Civic Type R

F80 M3 comp with some change in your pocket.

Personally, I though they were a bit crap when you could buy one new, I would defo not buy one now secondhand, but each to their own.

I think I would always go M2 over an M3/4.

If I had to have a Beemer it would probably be an M2 CS or maybe I would wait to see what the new M2 turns out like.

Actually, it's all a bit immaterial as I always tend to buy Porsche or AMG when I go German....

Chris.

Personally, I though they were a bit crap when you could buy one new, I would defo not buy one now secondhand, but each to their own.

If I had to have a Beemer it would probably be an M2 CS or maybe I would wait to see what the new M2 turns out like.

Actually, it's all a bit immaterial as I always tend to buy Porsche or AMG when I go German....

Chris.

Spy photos are (today) floating around of the internet of the new m2. I’m not convinced they’re genuine

If they are, it’s hideous.

9fd2fc915569c9d609c7dc3ba578a173.png

8cbfa3f150ac29233dab9bec4e83c75a.png

24a5bc33a493b5de1daa758e9788e655.png

Spy photos are (today) floating around of the internet of the new m2. I’m not convinced they’re genuine

If they are, it’s hideous.

9fd2fc915569c9d609c7dc3ba578a173.png

8cbfa3f150ac29233dab9bec4e83c75a.png

24a5bc33a493b5de1daa758e9788e655.png

:oops:

What are BMW up to?

I thought the new M3/4 grille was bad enough, but if that really is the new M2.....

Chris.

I wonder if the new CTR is going to be £50k now that the pound has lost another 10% in a week, and is now being viewed as a developing market currency. Crazy!

Chris.

Yeh I agree M2 over M3/4 - the M4 really does nothing for me visually. The M3 has lovely wide rear arches & with the arrival of our first born the 5 doors would be massively useful hence an M2 not really being in my list of options.
Hopefully the FL5 isn’t floating around the 46k mark and I can just order one of them & be a very happy chap. Slightly confused though as the FK2 & FK8 I love in black but the new FL5 looks a little to bland in black from what I’ve seen on pictures so colour wise I really don’t know

Yeh I agree M2 over M3/4 - the M4 really does nothing for me visually. The M3 has lovely wide rear arches & with the arrival of our first born the 5 doors would be massively useful hence an M2 not really being in my list of options.
Hopefully the FL5 isn’t floating around the 46k mark and I can just order one of them & be a very happy chap. Slightly confused though as the FK2 & FK8 I love in black but the new FL5 looks a little to bland in black from what I’ve seen on pictures so colour wise I really don’t know

I was never really interested in the f80 seems a bit too big , the f87’s I had were great (1 x og m2 and 2x m2comp) though they are a bit compromised suspension wise out of the box and need Coilovers to remove the harshness. I liked the outright grunt they had but as we approach winter they become less appealing , I suppose the same can be said for any 400bhp plus RWD car.

My silver comp was probably my favourite.

bd4937bc4408c8a1189831b246fa236a.jpg

The interiors/i-drive are starting to look a bit dated now compared to the current offerings but it still works, the comp had a bit of a drink problem too due to a small tank.

Currently I am in a mk8 golf r performance pack , it’s a much better car than the 7.5 I briefly owned, it’s more fun due to the torque vectoring, drift mode etc etc.

I didn’t expect to be in one as I was going to get the new 240i but then they “lci’d” that before I even took delivery!

d2dfb0ed283375b9e5f8f409294508c9.jpg

I kinda like AWD and paddles these days but having had a few (18) Type R’s in my time… another wouldn’t hurt, would it ?

Initially the FL5 didn’t appeal but the more I look at it the more I like it !

That being said I really like the MK8 R too.. so either way I’d be happy :)

Yeh they are quite a big car , that adds to the road presence though imo ..
Out of the 18 Type Rs you’ve owned (quite an impressive stat I must say) you must have owned an FK8? They’re not to far away dimensionally from the F80 M3. But yes another Type R certainly won’t hurt, also you can’t stop at 19 , you have to round it up before your times up and own 20 lol.

I’ve never drove any of the Golf R’s but they’ve always appealed to me because of the raving chassis reviews. I was put off by the haldex awd system in the 8P RS3 I once had & swore I’d never go back to that awd/flappy paddles combination though. Obviously technology has moved on massively since that car but I found it boring very quickly.

Currently using a MK8 Fiesta ST as a daily it’s a little small and boyish but it’s such good fun to drive & quite economical whilst the missus drives our 140 (she does a lot less mileage for work). But we’ve had that from new on a 67 plate and I really fancy switching it up, the timing of the FL5 is perfect, availability maybe not so..

Back