• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FL5 New Civic Type R

17 of those were FK8's weren't they? ;)

Three. The first was a white one and an early one .. it’s gearbox was a lemon. Even a brand new second gearbox couldn’t save that car from locking 4th gear out.

Second was a blue one and the third sonic grey :)

Two FK2’s : one polished metal, one champ white.

Two FD2’s : one champ white and one premium deep
Violet pearl

Two DC5’s: both champ white

One fn2 : disappointing

The rest were EP3’s.

4a4f8d2ce1341d7ec710c1979f7bb572.jpg

1b68fb023a8c50e474a7c4e77aae678f.jpg

db0f5ad680aa7e086e7575b87781394e.jpg

f47cf584dfa9aa087b9ab5801bd9b381.jpg

34f9ec16e619084b4665529373722666.jpg

d91f8fdb68b605e176c793bd133cdeb8.jpg

5a7340ec19ad7019165d354f5add6383.jpg

59f3370b2770eb9a3885cc1605fb309c.jpg

9cc26b048261e1d8aaa104830bea6a32.jpg

69e26d5a58c4c65f7183b41a9975bc64.jpg

13fdeda0ddb8652a07f8cc2cce12d0d0.jpg

A dealer told me there's rumours in the dealer network that the price of the new Type R might "start with a 5". I told him no Civic is worth £50k but keep me on the list until there are concrete details...

Excellent Type R-ing Dotty. I spy my Mugen GP alloys ;). I'm on 10 Type R's ( 3 x DC5, 2 x DC2, 2 x FK2, FN2, EP3, FK8) but I owned my FD2 twice!

Re: pricing - I can't fathom Honda's strategy if it starts with a 5. You could but a second hand GT-R for that and and have change left. Personally I still can't see it being over £40k.

Re: pricing - I can't fathom Honda's strategy if it starts with a 5. You could but a second hand GT-R for that and and have change left. Personally I still can't see it being over £40k.
You'd need very deep pockets to keep a GT-R running though. They have supercar level of running costs.

I had my FK8 serviced last week, so of course I asked about the new one. All stock were accounted for , but I could put my name down in case someone dropped out and the price ...... £50 Gs . I said no thanks

I've just heard back from the dealer I purchased my FK8 from who have been in contact with me about placing a deposit on the FL5. I sent them an email over the weekend regarding pricing and they sent this to me (direct quote from the email): "We are thinking it will be around £38k but nothing official yet as all the info has been postponed to mid-October."

be amazing if its £38k. Can't see it myself but at that price, I will look to get one at some point during its production run probably 2024/25.
I'm still thinking £43-£45k.

At £38k it feels like a bargain in the current market and no cars are a bargain anymore........

I cannot belive it was only a month ago and now I have a championship white fk 2 outside. That was just because I went to a Honda main dealer thinking it would be simple to px the elise, but they weren't interested, even against a 36k sportline.

Dave and Matt, I am selling my s1 111s and casting around for what to get next, Exigepossibly but I like the look of the fk8 although I have only seen photos so far, not sat in one. I forget ep3 successor was it the fn2. I prefer what I have - ep3 - inside to the fn2 which I found a bit lairy.

According to Malaysian news outlet 'Topteknews,' the FL5 will cost in the region of RM 350k, which is £67,401! This is primarily due to their 30 percent import duty and 80 percent excise duty for 2.0l passenger cars. Blimey. They do include a line in the report that amused me - "As before, the Civic Type R filters out pretentious drivers by making it a 6-speed manual transmission-only model."

• be amazing if its £38k. Can't see it myself but at that price, I will look to get one at some point during its production run probably 2024/25.
    I'm still thinking £43-£45k.

At £38k it feels like a bargain in the current market and no cars are a bargain anymore........
    The dealer told me there were only 200 or so coming to the UK, 2000ish globally. No idea why, emissions?

No way they will be making 2000 globally, what would be believable would be that amount for the U.K.

What I don’t understand is why we don’t know price and specification yet, losing patience with it tbh, poor form by Honda U.K. again.

That's what they told me, and why there's a £500 deposit to get on the list... Or a cynical and dishonest marketing ploy

Sat in a Civic Sport last week and was expecting the interior quality to be a step up from the FK8, especially with the whole range being a big jump in pricing. It really wasn't very special at all.

Assuming the new one is £45-46k as is likely, I'd be looking at best, at a cost of change of £20k, before any finance interest at the higher rates, so more likely £25-30k to go from my FK8 to FL5. That's absolutely bonkers.

Sat in a Civic Sport last week and was expecting the interior quality to be a step up from the FK8, especially with the whole range being a big jump in pricing. It really wasn't very special at all.

Assuming the new one is £45-46k as is likely, I'd be looking at best, at a cost of change of £20k, before any finance interest at the higher rates, so more likely £25-30k to go from my FK8 to FL5. That's absolutely bonkers.

I am still being positive, I am assuming it will come in just under 40k, I am hoping for 29k for my FK8 so max 12k to change.
As an OAP its cash only, the Kids knew a long time ago there would be nothing left when I'm gone!

I am still being positive, I am assuming it will come in just under 40k, I am hoping for 29k for my FK8 so max 12k to change.
As an OAP its cash only, the Kids knew a long time ago there would be nothing left when I'm gone!
Even with that positive outcome money wise, I keep wondering if the FL5 will be £12k 'better' than the FK8. No doubt it will be the better car, but is it going to be that much better to justify the change? Be good if it is.

Past tense for me as I've already lost patience & ordered something else :p

Promised September then mid October, well it’s 18th tomorrow and no news. I said to myself last week no news on Monday I’m out, but going to give it until Monday next week. Problem is what to buy, my Emira won’t arrive until earliest September next year.

Back