• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 New Civic Type-S

Seen a few of these on the roads now. They look exactly like the normal new Civic CDTI thingy, i.e. standard and nothing special. Type-S branding annoys me more now i see it on these cars.. there's no type anything to them, there's no pedigree... ehhh. Anyway my point is that the new type-r is obviously going to resemble the type-s and hopefully look more aggressive - but it's nothing more than a new civic with the type-r emblem. Also, the Red type-s had a RED emblem H on the rear inline with the rear brake light that runs the whole width of the car! What's this all about ? Does anyone else here think that a true type-R should have the red 'H' and the type-R emblem, AND dare I say, f'ing championship WHITE!!!!

still think it looks like a tin-foil after mould from my chicken chow mein take out i had last night - and that made me feel sick too!

Sorry if i'm a bit anti-honda right now... but that lack of white paint has made me see red :x if that makes sense :p

So...what you're basically trying to say is that you didn't much care for it then???? :wink:

Marge

I'm confused mate. Are you talking about the Type-S or the Type-R?

The Type-S (old shape) was just a 5 door family hatchback with a bit more poke so the new Civic Type-S isn't likely to be anything different is it?

kingy...there is a new shape type-S out now....3 door. :wink:

MUXY said:
kingy...there is a new shape type-S out now....3 door. :wink:

Number of doors isn't really the point I was trying to make fella. Just that a Type-S (if thats what Lewisy was talking about) is not much of a pedigree badge now and never really has been. It just marks a subtle hike in power without being a hot hatch.

Just didn't get his point is all. :?

P.S I also ignored the comment he made about the new Type-R being a badged up new shape civic. I think we all know if more than that. :wink:

Car magazine have just tested the Type S. They described it as a warm hatch(140bhp)having the looks of the CTR but costing little more to buy and run than a Micra. It has mild suspension tweaks compared to the standard car, and only Types S and R have the 3 door bodyshell. The way it looks is purely subjective, but no-one can deny the attraction of cheap motoring.

Marge

marge602 said:
Car magazine have just tested the Type S. They described it as a warm hatch(140bhp)having the looks of the CTR but costing little more to buy and run than a Micra. It has mild suspension tweaks compared to the standard car, and only Types S and R have the 3 door bodyshell. The way it looks is purely subjective, but no-one can deny the attraction of cheap motoring.

Marge
The Micra type-r is the next thing i'm getting :twisted:

Quite like them actually, not a bad warm hatch... Although if it's right about the S having a red 'H' badge I think thats cheapening the Red H ethos a bit much :|

I didnt think the TypeS was officially out til februrary..

Are you sure your not mistaking a Sport instead...

algreene said:
I didnt think the TypeS was officially out til februrary..

Are you sure your not mistaking a Sport instead...

saw one last week......100% Type-S

lewisy said:
Also, the Red type-s had a RED emblem H on the rear inline with the rear brake light that runs the whole width of the car! What's this all about ? Does anyone else here think that a true type-R should have the red 'H' and the type-R emblem

thejudderman said:
Quite like them actually, not a bad warm hatch... Although if it's right about the S having a red 'H' badge I think thats cheapening the Red H ethos a bit much :|

TBH the red badge is only keeping in with the 'red wrap around light cluster' if Honda wanted to give the 'red H' branding then dont you think they'd have done all the badges? I see what they've done and i think its just an aesthetic/cosmetic enhancement nothing more.

I myself am thinking of getting one, only because the Type-R is still just outa my reach financially, maybe next year.... :twisted:

Back