• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

new clutch fitted couple questions

Hi l just a quick one. I had new clutch and jdm lsd fitted yesterday Im finding that when i pull away in 1st i need to put few more revs on and in reverse or it sounds like its going to stall. Do i need the bite point adjusting or is this normal? Gears are fine and changing and the lsd is great. Clutch is much slacker and gear changes are smooth. I had the gearbox bearings changed. Ive been told since battery was disconnected the ecu is adjusting to my driving style. Its just thevpulling away and revers which seens bit different? Any thoughts please cheers

If the old clutch was knackered it was probably wasn't biting true and slipping a bit helping the setting off.
Plus you've got definite drive on both wheels now when moving away.
If you're talking 3k revs to pull away that isn't right, but 2k ish or lower is normal.

Back