• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

New clutch, synchros and flywheel, now getting knocking/notching clutch pedal

A few weeks back I had a new clutch, synchros and flywheel fitted to my 54 plate ep3. Everything feels great, and as it should, other than every now and then as I release the clutch I'm getting a knocking/notching feeling from the clutch pedal. Anyone else experienced this or know the cause? Could it be the master cylinder failing? I'd not experienced the issue prior to the work being carried out, although the clutch was heavy (now as it should be though).
Thanks
Adam

Master cylinder was my first thought.

Did you get the clutch fluid changed? Is it still up to level in the reservoir?

Have you asked the garage that did the work?

I've asked them, although they're a fair way from me. I'll have a look at the fluid levels later. I've got a caliper binding so I'm taking it to a local garage to me for that and I'll get them to check it over. I'm not sure that what I'm feeling isn't the brake issue accentuated down the clutch pedal when braking and clutching at the same time.
Thanks for the reply

All booked in for Monday morning, new caliper and the clutch master cylinder is being investigated. Thanks

Back