• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 New CTR GT

Hi al,

Just about to get me new Milano red CTR GT this Saturday, and wanted to say hi as this will be the first Honda I've had.:eek:
Well it's also the first real hot hatch I've had, 34 years old and cheap insurance so why not.

Just thought 'd ask if owning it really is as good as you are all making out:lol::lol:

My son's can't wait for it to be delivered, neither can I. My wife is a bit worried as she knows how fast it can go.

Look forward to posting again.

Obviously can't comment for other people, but I'm happy as can be with mine.
As long as you haven't gone for the 19 inch Rages you'll be fine mate!

Welcome to the forum :D .

Don't worry they're not that fast/dangerous, driver depending.

Alot of people make out they are wild beasts :rolleyes:.

Thanks for the input. I'm sure the wife will calm down when she get's used to it.
And no I'm sticking with the standard 18in wheels, IMO the 19in look far too big for the car and ruin the overall look.

hi mate

i only got my first type r last month and i am 36 so dont worry you aint the oldest one on here mate .you will love it ,fantastic handling and quite pokey to. just watch for chips as mine is red and chips real easy .love it though.:lol:

having come from high powered deisels the type r gt is a brilliant car. I am 26 and this is the first car over a group 15 I have had. (wanted an M3 but 6k in excess put me off LOL). Agree with the above comments about 19 inch rims they will chip teeth.

It really is a great car as if you drive normally its like a normal 2ltr only when you give it beans does it show you what it can do.

I am also averaging 32.1 mpg on my last tank and have had a steady 36.7mpg on the M42.

Overall its done 29.8 since I had the car (I have not reset the trip A counter since i picked it up, with and average speed of 23 mpg as i tend to town drive mostly). This I feel is ace, considering my wifes saab is a derv and is currently doing 36.8mpg round town.

Awaits the onslought about how slow I drive etc etc:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I have had minejust over 2 years after having an EP3 for 2 years previously. The new one can be an expensive thng to run...

I have done 37k, on my 4th set of tyres (130each), and on my 2nd set of pads all round and rear disks.
dont believe the mpg computer either, it is teasing you into thinking it is more economical than it really is :lol:

I still love the thing though...even though it is full of chips, the gearbox gator is broken, it drinks fuel an deep down the EP3 WAS more fun.;)

well i brim fill the tank each time I fill up, so its really full. I hate petrol stations. Last tank had covered 326 miles and had according to the computer 14 miles left. This i feel is not too bad. My 120d (177bhp) was only used to commute to cov, leicester and loughborough, had the same size tank and would return around 480 from a tank.

so what 15o miles difference and my civic has only been on the MWAY 4 times.

I am a careful driver though, if I was a little harder on the gas maybe I would get less.

However 26 yrs old, 7 yrs no claims, no speeding tickets, no points, not even a no faulter, all helps with the old insurance!! (jinxed it now though, will blame this post).

How do you guys manage these hi mpg figures i fill the tank and only get 230 miles and thats me driving normal? The trip comp says i get 24 mpg on average.:(

How do you guys manage these hi mpg figures i fill the tank and only get 230 miles and thats me driving normal? The trip comp says i get 24 mpg on average.:(

Depends on the roads you drive really, when I was doing 400 motorway miles a week for work I was getting 33/34 mpg (on V power fuel).
Now im doing shorter journeys around town and get about 27 mpg

Depends on the roads you drive really, when I was doing 400 motorway miles a week for work I was getting 33/34 mpg (on V power fuel).
Now im doing shorter journeys around town and get about 27 mpg

The miles i do are all town miles really, am not on the motorway that often so that'll be the reason i'm low on the mpg. All miles done on Vpower.

It really depends on your average drive.

Around town mine drinks lots i.e 24-28mpg

A-B Roads with average speed 50-70mph is the ideal location with up to 34mpg.

I find motorways aren't great, as the high speed (80xxx) causes high revs >4K Rpm. In the past I've find it lowers the average to 24mpg.

well had mine since feb this year, its done just shy of 3.7K, n like I said average on trip A showing 29.8 mpg with average speed of 24mph. It also depends on your driving style, I rarely go into V tech unless on Mway or having some fun. Change gears between 2.5 n 3.5 normally I would say.

Back