• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FD2 New CTR prototype for F1 Japan

HASNIC said:
kamion said:
HASNIC said:
typerkid said:
All new Civic's have VSA, my understanding is this does not work with LSD, hence why the Euro CTR does not have it, nor will the JPN CTR.

Howcome the US Civic Si now comes with a LSD if the Euro and JDM civics aren't going to get them?

He's just guessing the JDM CTR won't have LSD. The specs aren't out yet.

But then Mike work's at Honda so has more of an idea than most :wink:

OIC. Didn't know that. :lol:

Nick

I was guessing the JDM car will have VSA, I might be wrong...

The US Si Civic does not have VSA, hence why it's got LSD, I also noticed it's running 197bhp according to HAM web site.

If the JDM does not have VSA, then it will get an LSD.... before you ask, I do not know.... the first I knew about this 4dr Type-R was the pics on these forums!

VSA is becoming a standard spec on Euro cars... the insurance industry is driving this etc......

typerkid said:
Nick

I was guessing the JDM car will have VSA, I might be wrong...

The US Si Civic does not have VSA, hence why it's got LSD, I also noticed it's running 197bhp according to HAM web site.

If the JDM does not have VSA, then it will get an LSD.... before you ask, I do not know.... the first I knew about this 4dr Type-R was the pics on these forums!

VSA is becoming a standard spec on Euro cars... the insurance industry is driving this etc......

Ah ok, cool man, i presumed that all Civics would be running the VSA hence my confusion over the Si getting the LSD (god knows what use it is in America though!), andi'd have thought the Japanese market would be a little upset if they were given no diff?!

Is the VSA able to be completely switched off Mike, if so aftermarket fitment of LSDs would be a viable option then? Assuming the new shape CTR is running the same gearbox type as the EP3?

I'll be surprised if the JDM market doesn't get an LSD as standard.
Almost without exception, JDM spec is always better than export spec.
As this is a car that will be used on trackdays by the Japanese, I think it would be a bad move for Honda not to fit LSD as std. for it's home market.

More exciting times ahead for Hondas!

Miguel.

The new S2000 has VSA and LSD :?:

typerkid said:
All new Civic's have VSA, my understanding is this does not work with LSD, hence why the Euro CTR does not have it, nor will the JPN CTR.

Have you also seen they are going to have a race series dedicated to the car in Japan, I wonder if the car will meet EU S2000 race compliance :?:

must say i really like this- even though its a 5-door (which may be ideal as my next car if we can get it over here)

8)

That rev counter needle was very close to 9k!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

The Japanese really do love to use "Pedal Cam" in driving clips. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nice - but remembering that you can't tint the front windows it won't quite look that good.

Would certainly get this over the new CTR - but I think i'll be going elsewhere for my next car rather than the red H

Back