• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

New CW Type-R 60 plate - 18,000miles What should the dealer be providing.

Okay, ive put a deposit down on this car and the garage are prepping it for me. It looks lovley and clean just needs the ususal paint work on wheels and bonnet.

However, having been shown the dealers computer system it appears this car has had nothing done to it. I.E. i dont believe it has ever had a service. Also ive found out one of the Bridgestones on the car is punctured and the garage are replacing it.

So , should the dealer replace with a New Bridgestone? (Ive been informed they are putting a Falken on) and which service should they provide 12.5 / 25k bearing in mind its due a two year one in september. Ive called Honda UK, they said the dealer knows best, im not so sure.

Thanks for your advice.

Q-Bix

I'd be asking why its been quite badly looked after tbh. Unless its great value id walk away.

When I brought my old FN2 it was on 7.5k and had one service done already.

I'd also insist on a Bridgestone as well

Insist on a bridgestone, ask more about history and ensure full service at their cost.

i checked the oil on initial inspection, things didnt look too grimey/black it was quite golden still.

Ill make sure the service has been done. A service 5.5k miles late shouldnt be the end of the world should it?

As for the tyre is it worth walking way based on that? I think i got a fairly good deal...

You don't want different tyres on the same axle or even tread depths to be honest. Asking for trouble.

Thanks Loxy, i saw you mention the same thing on another thread which is what got me worried in the first place.

Ive got a feeling they wont budge though, and ill be left with the descision of either walking away, living with it or replacing it.

I'd be asking why its been quite badly looked after tbh. Unless its great value id walk away.

When I brought my old FN2 it was on 7.5k and had one service done already.

I'd also insist on a Bridgestone as well

Bought mine on just under 7k and it had 2 services. So that sounds dodgy as too me

There should be at least two services. One from Honda when it was brought new (assuming it was bought new from honda) and a 12,000 mile.

That's what I would be looking for

Yes it was new from what was peter brookes in sheffield. Does anyone know if the dealers 'system' would show things done at other honda dealers?

I think there should be a stamped new car inspection.

Any news from the dealership?

Apparently it had its 25k service in march at 15k. I haven't seen any stamps or the service book. I'm going down to the paint shop to inspect what they have done to the wheels and bumper in the morning. Apparently its not a quick repair but a proper paint job... We will see.

She said she would swap the tyre for a bridgestone if I pay the difference. (£80) I haven't really played hardball with them though. I think after looking at it and the service book tomorrow ill make a decision. I don't want to walk away, it's local, from a main dealer and a good example. Will they loose a sale over £80 if I demand they pay?

I have got £500 knocked off, plus some red mats from the original price. They are moaning that it hadn't been assessed in the garage before I was offered a price so they didn't know what needed doing.

Surely that is their risk and that as I put a deposit on a car with 4 bridgestones that should be what I get?

Apparently it had its 25k service in march at 15k. I haven't seen any stamps or the service book. I'm going down to the paint shop to inspect what they have done to the wheels and bumper in the morning. Apparently its not a quick repair but a proper paint job... We will see.

She said she would swap the tyre for a bridgestone if I pay the difference. (£80) I haven't really played hardball with them though. I think after looking at it and the service book tomorrow ill make a decision. I don't want to walk away, it's local, from a main dealer and a good example. Will they loose a sale over £80 if I demand they pay?

I have got £500 knocked off, plus some red mats from the original price. They are moaning that it hadn't been assessed in the garage before I was offered a price so they didn't know what needed doing.

Surely that is their risk and that as I put a deposit on a car with 4 bridgestones that should be what I get?
Seriously, make sure you have 4 x Bridgestones on. I'm suffering with this at the moment with 3 different brands and will be changing these this week. It's not good for yourself or the car. If you do go ahead with the purchase, get the dealer to change the tyre or yourself if unsuccessful. Also, make sure you see that service book. Personally, if there wasn't one then I'd definitely walk away.

Last edited by a moderator:
They wouldn't shift on price. £500 + mats was far too much movement already. I'm paying the difference on the tyre! Not over the moon about it really.

On the up side checked the service book and it's stamped for 12.5k and 25k. Which has put my mind at rest.

So I didnt want too lose the car it's a descent one by all accounts.

Should pick it up Wednesday / Thursday.

Well I went to fetch it today. Got the tyre for nowt! bonus.

However the wheel refurb was done in brilliant white! And the headlight washer peeled Off a section of paint when I tested it!

They agreed to sort the wheels...again....next week. I haven't had chance to tell them how lame their body shop is yet. FFS. is it so hard to job a job properly?

Do new body parts come prepainted? How much is a new front bumper?

Back