• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

new disc pads and fluid needed anyone know whats good for thew right money?

Hi all.

Ive just done my first track day with my new type r and the car was great, we run out of pads and the discs need changing also

ive been looking on ebay and you can get front and back drilled and groved discs with brembo brake pads for £150 does anyone know if these will be any good?
we are also going to put some performance fluid in if anyone knows the best stuff to get

any help welcome, are we not wanting to spend hundreds so something better than standard and what dont stop working will be fine for us

Thanks Lee

The pads are good but the discs are not so brilliant. Have a look for the smooth brembo discs as these are better quality. Oem discs are uptown the job too.

thanks mate, ive found some drilled and groved brembo discs and pads for £235 do you think thats the best buy for the money?

You can't go wrong with Brembo. That actually a good price as iirc I paid £340 for mine.

Don't get drilled discs for track use. Plain or grooved will stand up much better.

I used Bremtech grooved discs and Ferodo DS2500 pads when doing my trackdays and they worked very well.
Bremtech were the only discs I did not manage to warp so they get my seal of approval.
Andy @ Vtec Direct sell's the Bremtec discs .

Now got a Stoptech BBK so using that .

found some good info on here, just got myself 05 ep3 love it had the. 1600 16v sport before i could afford the insurance..robbing tw**s ha.
when i bought the car the garage fitted new disks and pads, not good, managed to warp the disks within the week and i ran them in sweet. gone for the Bremtech disks and DS2500 pads. All good now:)
whats anyone think about tyres, thats the next purchase??

Tyre wise I'm on Toyo PX4's and there fine. Just back from 'The Ring' where they endured 4 and half laps back to back of my aggressive driving and they were still gripping. Quite good in the wet as well as the dry and there a decent price. Also used them on several wet trackdays and they seem to cope ok as well. Oh, and an Afternoon at Donny. Seemed OK, not a bad wear rate either.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back