• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

New EP3 owner! - Few questions

Alrite lads, bought my first ep3 today:D, its a mint type R with 56k miles in cosmic grey. Ill upload pics tomorrow!
Its a savage car and Im really glad I bought it but ive a few questions maby ye could answer.

- The steering is a bit tight, like there is no power steering, is it meant to be like this? I suppose im used to driving a corsa with its light steering wheel!
- When I was driving it home on the motorway it was rattling/vibrating a good bit at around 80+ mph in 6th gear, is this normal? The road wasnt too bad btw.
- There is some condensation behind the headlights, is there someway to get rid of this without removing them?

Cheers

The steering is a bit tight, like there is no power steering, is it meant to be like this? I suppose im used to driving a corsa with its light steering wheel!
It should be stiffer the faster you go, when parking it should be very light.
When I was driving it home on the motorway it was rattling/vibrating a good bit at around 80+ mph in 6th gear, is this normal? The road wasnt too bad btw.
Turn the radio up, could be many things
There is some condensation behind the headlights, is there someway to get rid of this without removing them?
Depends on the cause, youve got some rubber where the dipped headlight goes which might have gone hard or have a hole which could be allowing the moisture in.

Last edited by a moderator:
It should be stiffer the faster you go, when parking it should be very light. Have you checked the fluid?

Turn the radio up, could be many things

Depends on the cause, youve got some rubber where the dipped headlight goes which might have gone hard or have a hole which could be allowing the moisture in.

no where would I check the fluid?

Dammit I was just about to point an laugh.

IMO the tighter the steering the better, how does it feel at speed?

grand, but like I said above at around 80 mph on the motorway the car was rattling a good bit on a smooth road. Ill take it for another spin today and see if it happens again. Im sure it wasnt meant to rattle as much as it did.

grand, but like I said above at around 80 mph on the motorway the car was rattling a good bit on a smooth road. Ill take it for another spin today and see if it happens again. Im sure it wasnt meant to rattle as much as it did.

Rattling could just be your tyres needing balancing.

good call, I think ill get the car tracked and balanced during the week, the steering wheel was a bit off as well, thanks.

I've had my ep3 for just over 2weeks now and I've noticed my steering wheel slightly misaligned also, would getting the tracking and wheels aligned properly cure this?

I've had my ep3 for just over 2weeks now and I've noticed my steering wheel slightly misaligned also, would getting the tracking and wheels aligned properly cure this?

yes get the tracking done, mine was miles out when i got mine sorted.

Back