• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

New Exhaust - Bolts & Gaskets Etc

Needing someone to 100% confirm what new bolts/gaskets I would need for fitting a new exhaust I have.

http://www.hondaoriginalparts.com/h...ock_01=17S5S01&block_02=B__0201&block_03=9511

Part number 31 - 3 of these for attaching b pipe to CAT?

Parts 15 & 16 - 2 x of each, bolts and springs for attaching b box to b pipe? It says 4 of these are required on Lings? I think this is wrong, there is only 2 holes at the end of the b pipe and b box isn't there?

Gasket wise, the exhaust is 2.36", so the OEM Honda ones are no good. What gaskets have people used when fitting a new exhaust? I believe the gasket between b pipe and CAT si the traingular one and the gasket between b pipe and b box is the "donut" gasket?

If anyone could confirm/help, it would be much appreciated. Thanks.

You'll need 3 x 31. For the cat to b-pipe - if your current ones are mullered.

The b-pipe to back-box should have two bolts with the springs around them included, those should be included with the system. If not you'll need two of those.

Gasket wise: the b-pipe will be wider, so if this system didn't come with one - use some liquid type gasket suitable for zorst (the type that looks like it's squirted using a bathroom sealant gun lol)

I would expect the back-box and b-pipe one to be included, to suit the bore of the new system. Again, I'm not sure without having a look, but surely it'd depend on the bore -I wouldn't have thought an OEM one would go between the b-b and b-pipe on a bigger bore'd system; I could be wrong though.

Last edited by a moderator:
You'll need 3 x 31. For the cat to b-pipe - if your current ones are mullered.

The b-pipe to back-box should have two bolts with the springs around them included, those should be included with the system. If not you'll need two of those.

Gasket wise: the b-pipe will be wider, so if this system didn't come with one - use some liquid type gasket suitable for zorst (the type that looks like it's squirted using a bathroom sealant gun lol)

I would expect the back-box and b-pipe one to be included, to suit the bore of the new system. Again, I'm not sure without having a look, but surely it'd depend on the bore -I wouldn't have thought an OEM one would go between the b-b and b-pipe on a bigger bore'd system; I could be wrong though.

Thanks Sun. Top notch.

He's just text to say he's sent the exhaust with the Energy bolts that came with it new when he got it (guessing that's the bolts/springs mating b pipe and b box).

Also coming with gasket he bought new when he got it. Not sure which one but assuming again between pipe and b box.

I might just go ahead and get 3 x part no.31 from Honda for mating the b pipe to CAT.

i would have thought the gasket he has included will be the one that's required to mate the b-b to the b-pipe; that's more of a necessity (and likely to be system/bore particular) AFAIK than the one that sits between the b-pipe and cat. IME, some systems don't even come with the triangular flange gasket from new... but they all include the donuts from new.

Back