• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

new exhaust - HKS Hi Power - what header?

Just bought an HKS Hi Power cat back and im after a header to go with it! What set up is everyone else with this currently running? Japspeed seems to be a popular one? :)

Just bought an HKS Hi Power cat back and im after a header to go with it! What set up is everyone else with this currently running? Japspeed seems to be a popular one? :)

There's a few options available and something I'm also trying to decide at the moment. When you say header I take it you mean a complete manifold that replaces the cat? If you remove the cat you'll have to have the car remapped mind.

I've whittled it down to the Tegiwa and Japspeed 4-2-1 manifolds, the toda version is the best but costs an arm and a leg. The Tegiwa though is a copy of the Toda and at half the price its very appealing, plus you don't have to change your front ARB unlike the toda. Also heard some great things about the Japspeed one and I've been strongly considering it but my instincts tell me to go with Tegiwa. There are other alternatives like DC sports which are worth a look but again some of them need the JDM ARB fitted which you need to factor into the overall cost.

Personally if money is tight go with the japspeed, you won't regret it but if you're looking for that little bit extra and slightly better build quality, go with the Tegiwa.

There's a guy on eBay selling them, starts them every week at 99p, he doesn't list the brand but I stuck a bid of 105.99 on and won!!when it came it was jap speed one,

Must say for the money, fitment, welding quality and materials it was a steal, I actual make custom manifolds at work, mainly turbo ones, and was going to make my own but by time I have a flexi, flanges and tube all time making it really wast worthit for the money, defiantly would rccomend this manifold:).

There's a guy on eBay selling them, starts them every week at 99p, he doesn't list the brand but I stuck a bid of 105.99 on and won!!when it came it was jap speed one,

Must say for the money, fitment, welding quality and materials it was a steal, I actual make custom manifolds at work, mainly turbo ones, and was going to make my own but by time I have a flexi, flanges and tube all time making it really wast worthit for the money, defiantly would rccomend this manifold:).

Does it have japspeed wrote on it mate?

Yes and it came in jap speed box give me an hour and will bang pics up, defo japspeed fit this kinda thing all day long lol

Yes and it came in jap speed box give me an hour and will bang pics up, defo japspeed fit this kinda thing all day long lol

That's a stroke of luck then. Can you post or pm me the link for the eBay listing please bud? Might be worth getting one at that price.

Back