• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 New FK8 owners Q&A - everything you want to know and dare to ask here

lol i normally keep a hoodie in the car but after nearly burning a shift pattern into my hand i now put the hood over the gearknob when i park up in the morning. really helps :)

Do t trap a fly in the car otherwise it will constantly set off the alarm :evil:

did exactly this last week.

a fly followed me into the car at my parent's house, lost track of it so gave up and drove home.

3 days in a row the alarm went off between 10.30-11.30pm, presumably when the bastid woke up.

couldn't work out what it was at the time and was about to phone honda then thought maybe it was that fly and it's not gone off since so yeh.. /shrug

Proper steering wheel in the FK2 Fan...
No Vauxhall Vectra /insignia rep like yours man!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

gotta say I really do prefer the look of the FK2 dash...

I tend to agree...the thing that strikes me as ugly about the FK8 interior every time I get in is the "hole" at the front of the centre console...it would be better if the armrest slid further forward to cover it.

Been thinking whether the ashtray accessory that fits in there would make it look better (an expensive bit of plastic,the Audi ones have a nice shiny top!)

that's where my coffee and keys go so I don't mind it but know what you mean

Would quite like that nice knee pad half way up the console the Fk2 boys get as well..! Its a Fk2 love in...dont get used to it

and while we're on the subject of cockpits - here's another reason to not buy a Ford eh Rat-fans?

IMG_7297.jpg

H Christ, just been quoted by Dream £240 per front corner including fitting and VAT for the Conti's........

Anyone else replaced their originals yet and got a cheaper deal??

H Christ, just been quoted by Dream £240 per front corner including fitting and VAT for the Conti's........

Anyone else replaced their originals yet and got a cheaper deal??

I usually refer to Camskill for the best tyre prices.

They show the Contis at £175 each...including VAT but not carriage and fitting,but still possible to get an all in price around £200 per corner if you are prepared to send for them and can arrange your own fitting.

There is a lad on FaceAche that sells tyres for ridiculous cheap.
I know he was sorting out deals for people buying Michelin PS4 for their FK2 at £500-600 for 4.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Agreed,

Black circles sell the correct tyre for 210 each. You will likely get them fitted for 10 a corner.

IMO the Conti's are too soft and for the cost wear out too quickly. If you are replacing all 4 then the MPS4S is better option for every day driving. they are a similar cost though.

Also worth thinking about going to 255 to give you a better fit that the OEM 245 which is stretched.

In addition to this, be careful who you have fit them. I had a set of wheels ruined when having tyres changed on the FK2 19". I went directly to Honda to have my 20's fitted and they did a much better job.

this is it, id rather pay more and have them fitted without the worry of damage.

I went to KwikFit with my Golf GTi Diamond cut and they badly damaged one. They are quoting £155 each including fitting and VAT though...That's the power of economies of scale I guess.

will see what local Honda will quote.

Thanks all

Hi guys

May be having a very dull moment here. I’ve just picked up my fk8, does this model have vtec lights? I’ve blasted it but didn’t notice any vtec lighting pop up? Just moved from an fk2 so use to it on there. Thanks

Back