• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 New FN2?

Hi Gang

I'm new to the Forum and pleased to be here :santa:
The reason I'm getting in touch is I'm about to order my new FN2 :cool:
and would like any feedback you can give me regards the car,

I'm not really sure which colour to go for (they all look fine) so again any advise is most apreciated.

The deal ive got is wonderful (GT pack inc) so really happy with this part
The car is going to be my toy most of the time, do you think the focus ST is a better hot hatch? which car is more rewarding to drive?

I think I'm 99% sure the FN2 is for me, much cheaper better looking I'm not really a turbo sort of guy :confused:

So if you all agree the Honda is the car I'm off to order my new toy
Your comments are most apreciated

Very best regards
Cozzie

Merry Christmas :santa: :santa: :santa:

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the forum. You admit you don't like turbo's so that kind of answers it for me.

Have you driven both cars?

Welcome matey, sounds like this will be your first honda?
As above, if your not too keep on turbo then that should narrow your search down, although I own an ATR and not a FN2, i'm sure you won't be dissapointed, a friend owns one and he's loving it

.... me personally I would get the FD2, much more refined, that's just me though :smt023

EDIT: sorry hope the last comment hasn't complicated your decision, the FN2 is a good car, the FD2 is 4 door and very refined which is what I would be looking for in my next car

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys I apreciate your comments
I'm demoing the car this week sometime if all goes well I will have a Black GT on order
Its my 1st Honda so really looking forward to joining the V-TEC world of performance

Wish me luck let you know how I get on
Cheers
Cozzie

I have a FN2 GT, after changing from the old EP3 model.

I haven't driven the Focus ST, but did try a Mazda 3 MPS which is turbo hot hatch.

Although I did like the grunt of the Turbo, and it was quicker than FN2. I felt the FN2 was more fun to drive. It all depends how you want to drive a car.

The Type R needs to be revved and due to the gearbox ratios you will be changing gears a lot, not a problem with such a great gearbox.

Hope these comments have helped.

Have you looked at the Mazda, or the Jap Import Type R FD2?

in order of preference:-

Civic FD2
Integra DC5
Civic EP3 JDM
Civic EP3 Premier
Civic EP3 Facelift
Civic EP3 Pre-Facelift
Civic FN2

That's coming from someone who has owned all the EP3 models and an FN2

The FN2 is a HELL of alot of money for what it is

Hi Gang

What do we think is a Good deal for buying a new FN2 (no px)

Any ideas of a ball park figure to help me out, what should I be looking at paying to buy one in cash? it has to be the GT model but I cant decide on Black or red? :confused:

As always your comments are very much appreciated

Cheers
Cozzie

discounts are hard to get...but the price is around 18.5k, you ahould however bw able to blag mats, decals, any cherished plate transfer etc etc..

service plan is also a good one to try and get...it is worth £500 and covers 5 services..

I can't see many dealers budging on the listed price but you should be able to blag a few extras.

Thanks for that :D

Only thing now is what colour do I go for :confused:

I havnt seen many FN2 on the rd to compare, my Ego says Black my head says red whats that all about:eek:

proving more difficult than I first thought mind you cant complain I will be driving the FN2 shortly so I guess I'm in a good place :cool:

Thanks again
Cozzie

Hello!

I went for Nighthawk Black Love it so much :twisted:

I dont think the CTR has a bad colour :D they all look great in their own way
I believe Black really gives it that dont mess with me attitude :evil:

Have a good weekend
Cozzie

Hello!

I went for Nighthawk Black Love it so much :twisted:

I dont think the CTR has a bad colour :D they all look great in their own way
I believe Black really gives it that dont mess with me attitude :evil:

Have a good weekend
Cozzie

Very Nice! How is it treating you mate? I've got 2400 miles clocked up now. Loving every minute :D

i prefer the silver FN2...even the back looks good

fn2-rear.jpg

250px-Paris_2006_-_Honda_Civic_type_R.JPG

I saw a Type S in the Orange the other day and I really like it:confused:

Would even consider getting the FN2 in Orange if I went to change in the future.

How do you like mine with privacy glass fitted ??
Take a look at the attached photo.:D

Attachments

• civ01.jpg
    civ01.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 32
i have a black fn2 gt.
the car i drove before was a mk5 gti with milltek'd exhaust and superchip.

the fn2 is more fun to drive.

Back