• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

new front brakes

I have just ordered a set of ebc turbo groove discs and a set of green stuff pads. Anyone tried this set up before? What did you reckon to them?
Cheers for any feedback

Rob.

I thought green stuff were for cars with a maximum of 150bhp, red stuff are better suited, but I could be mistaken.

well i have been running green stuff pads on standard discs for around a year before this set and they seemed fine. If they were rated for 150 bhp cars why would they make them for a car with close to 200 from standard ? maybe ill have to try some red stuff if i ever venture out onto track because im thinking they wont take that kind of heat.

well i have been running green stuff pads on standard discs for around a year before this set and they seemed fine. If they were rated for 150 bhp cars why would they make them for a car with close to 200 from standard ? maybe ill have to try some red stuff if i ever venture out onto track because im thinking they wont take that kind of heat.
That's just like saying using budget tyres with high speed ratings on your car.
I've used Greenstuff pads before. Very poor on track and bad for road use. OEMs are better.

well i have now had the order changed so i will no longer be fitting green stuff i have chosen to go with redstuff instead.

I wouldnt have gone with any of the 'stuffs' tbh as I dont hear much praise for them :(

I would go for the ferodo DS2500 pads as they get rave reviews

I think there is a group buy for them in the group buy section.

I had EBC Turbogroove disks and Greenstuff pads on my 90bhp 1.8 sierra and still managed to crack them. They were *****.

Stay away, but a better brand or stick with OEM.

Back