• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

New front tyres recommendations

I'm currently rocking some "West Lakes" on the front and some Bridgestone 040's on the back.

As the name suggests the West Lakes are woeful and I'm looking to upgrade.

I started by looking at getting some more Bridgestone 040's so they all match but after reading comments like "ditch finders" I'm re-thinking my choice.

Now I'm a fussy bugger who like things to match which is why I was looking at getting matching front and back. Plus I like the kerb protecting overhang that the 040's have.

Should I just get some Bridgestone 050's for the front as I've heard these are better than the 040's or do I have another choice that matches the look of the Bridgestone's on the back?

Nice thanks for the reply.

Wierdly the cheapest place I've found the RE050A for so far is Kwik Fit???

RE050As come on the FN2s as standard, cracking tyre and quite hard wearing too.

I managed to get some RE050's for £135 each after a fair bit of searching.

Much better than the "West Lakes" in the snow.

I managed to get some RE050's for £135 each after a fair bit of searching.

Much better than the "West Lakes" in the snow.

:shock: Is that in standard EP3 size? I paid £124 each for them in 225/40 18 for my FN2 in October.....

I thought I'd feed back about the RE050 to aid anyone else thinking about tyre choices.

I ended up having to replace the rear tyres too so now ive got them on all four corners.

The difference is staggering in the wet it's like a whole new car to drive. I have much more confidence and the road noise has reduced.

I would rather of not spent £600 on tyres but at least I've noticed a difference.

Thanks again for your help guys.

Back