• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

New handbrake cable??

My civic ep3 type R drivers side handbrake cable looks like its on the way out.

When looking under the handbrake center console where the 2 cables join the handbrake adjusting nut, it looks to be slack but on the drivers side only. Does this point to the handbrake cable being shagged on the drivers side?

I have disconnected the cable from the caliper and the mechanism on the caliper seems to be free and there is movement in the cable.. But when connected back up the cable is slack next to the handbrake where the 2 cables meet.

Thanks for any help.

Disconnect the passenger side cable as well and make sure the caliper and cable are free. If they are then possibility cable is stretched on the drivers side, so you could try replacing just that, but my advice is to do both as passenger one then becomes the weak one and will stretch like the drivers one

Back