• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

New Headlights

Morning all.

I'm on the cusp of getting my first CTR (collect Monday!!!). I noticed that the headlights had moisture built up which has effectively discoloured the plastic (kinda looks dark yellow around the whole of the plastic really). I think this is reasonably common because I've seen it on a couple of others that I've been to see.

Anyway, I've found some replacements on Ebay. Can someone check if I'm looking at the right ones - or ideally suggest where to buy some new headlights from?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CIVIC-TYP...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3a83d89251

HIDs

I would also like to get some HIDs for the car. Looking for some advice based on what people have and also where to buy from.

Thanks guys!!

Benno.

Wicked, thanks mate. Got it ordered from Amazon (as needed to get delivered to work and not home).

Any advice on the HID front?

See the guys that sell they headlights, I had a bit of trouble with them there headlight wasn't sealed properly and condensation came and they wouldn't change it. Also when I was on the phone to them they were pretty cheeky.

They could hardly speak English either.

Hi all. So I bought the cleaning solution recommended by You Jay above. Do i need anything else? What happens around putting the plastic covers back together - need anything here or??

Thanks,

Benno.

I used that on mine basically you only need the Plast RX a microfibre cloth and some elbow grease. If you have a DA Polisher handy the results will be better.

For mine I used the Plast RX, then using the DA Polisher used Ultimate Compound polish then sealed it with NXT Gen wax.

It was the sealing part I was confused about. The only ever time I've done stuff with headlights, I used a hairdryer to basically loosen the wax and pull the headlights open. So do I need the NXT Gen Wax post headlight clean to seal back together??

Thanks!

Sorry I didn't take my headlights off just done this to the outside and it worked well.

What I mean by 'sealing with a wax' is use a wax on the outside of the headlights after you have used Plast RX it protects them from the elements and should prevent them from oxidising again. Same as you do on the outside of your car, you use a wax after cleaning/polishing to 'seal' your work (lock in the shine and protect from the elements).

As for the actual seal around the headlights I'm not sure because I've never took mine off sorry. Hope I've explained it a little better lol.

Ahhh I was under the impression the yellow tinge to my headlights would be on the inside of the plastic?? Maybe I can just use the Plastx stuff on the outside then :-S

Try just doing the outside first, if your not happy or it doesn't work then you could take the headlights out and do the inside etc. Meguiars also do a headlight restoration kit.

I just used the Plast RX on mine and they came up nice but I did go over them again the other week as they did start to go again.

Be prepared for some elbow grease though because I found the stuff hard to work with but I did mine in direct sunlight which isn't recommended lol.

i used the plast rx on mine, it took some off but i think the rest is on the inside of the lense because the outside feels nice and smooth

I was under the impression it was all inside, but I'll give the outside a blast and see how I get on.

Haha I'll try to resist doing it in direct sunlight!

have you any joys with this as my headlights get condensation on the inside to and would be nice to solve this.

have you any joys with this as my headlights get condensation on the inside to and would be nice to solve this.

I had this problem. I got wee condensation gel packs and stuck it in behind the light and it worked didnt come back.

If it comes back after that just take it out and put silicon round the seal.

I had this problem. I got wee condensation gel packs and stuck it in behind the light and it worked didnt come back.

If it comes back after that just take it out and put silicon round the seal.

This is a good shout. Unfortunately the weather has been complete sh** for my week off so haven't had a chance to do this yet. Will report back.

Back