• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

New Headunit needed

Chris.

Founder
Administrator
OK so my Pioneer has finally bitten the dust and I am not prepared to pay to get it repaired yet again, so I am on the hunt for a new one.

I have currently got Drews spare Alpine CDA-9855R and I am not that impressed with it to be honest, sure the IQ is good, but the user interface is a right PITA.

I am looking at buying an iPod Nano for gym use so something with an iPod interface would be good.

I am not too fussed if it is Double or Single DIN, I just want a good, solid HU that has an easy interface and puts out good SQ.

I am not a complete sound freak so I do not want something that has Breitling price.

If you have seen any second hand bargains let me know as I am in a position to buy soon.

I agree, the interface is an acquired taste (and skill) but it was intended to be used normally via the remote control, only having to delve into the unit controls for setup.

Yes, the remote that I keep losing, finding, forgetting to give to you, and then losing again. IIRC I left it in the Civic for safekeeping, I will have a hunt and see if I can dig it out again and this time .

I agree, the interface is an acquired taste (and skill) but it was intended to be used normally via the remote control, only having to delve into the unit controls for setup.

Yes, the remote that I keep losing, finding, forgetting to give to you, and then losing again. IIRC I left it in the Civic for safekeeping, I will have a hunt and see if I can dig it out again and this time .

OK mate. I am still looking for something, I can't have your unit forever. :lol:

You can get a brand new Alpine Ipod unit for £130 mate.

http://www.dvbcaraudio.co.uk/alpine-idax301rr-digital-media-receiver-stereo-ipod-ready-p-4268.html

I have the IDA x305 version which is the same as that but with a colour LCD screen, retails around £260

It will charge your Ipod whilst playing, and the menus are cycled through using the wheel in the centre.

The IDA x305:

[youtube]ebH-19BF2to[/youtube]

Jermal has the IDA x100 I believe, same as mine almost. Great units to own for Ipod compatibility.

Last edited by a moderator:
Giving you a better idea of how it would look in your Teg.

[video=youtube;MEI2rUtbTNU]old link autoupdated[/video]

are there any other features that your looking for other than ipod compatibility?

what about bluetooth, navigation, removable fascia etc..... ?

Looking around, I wouldn't mind double DIN touch screen, but I don't really want to pay much over £200. If someone sees something second hand, let me know please. :)

Not a bad unit but the interface isn't as good as the newer models...

Worth about £200 quid second hand..

Good luck
icon14.gif

Cheers. I am not interested if it has a DVD player or not, is there one without?

I have the IDA-X305 the same as Nick.

Looks great, sounds great and very easy to use with the controls being the same as the iPod!

Back