• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

New JDM EP3 - Minor problems!

adz

Hey Guys,

I just took a very nice White JDM EP3 in PX for my S2000. It has a few problems however which Im trying to sort out....

1. The nearside headlight does not work. On taking this out its a HID bulb which are not prone to failing. However, the rear of the light is missing (Bulb cover) and the fuse for the light in the fuse box is a 7.5A one when it should be 15A, so its obv blown before and been replaced incorrectly..... Ive rectified this fuse problem and swapped the relays but still no luck....
What can I do to test weather the bulb is gone, or the actual HID device on the nearside is gone? I cant get at the nearside bulb as its so damn close to the engine mount and I really want to avoid removing the bumper!!!
Ive been told that the discharge unit in HID systems can go... Does it sound like this?

2. The power steering does not work for the first few minutes when the car is cold in the morning. As long as there is some heat left in the car, its fine even on startup, but in the mornings it never works. The car starts and a wierd noise happens under the bonnet and the EPS light comes on. After a mile or so driving it just kicks in and the light goes off. Very frustrating and confussing. Any ideas guys?

Im very impressed with the car tho! Its nice being back in a car your not fighting to stop killing you by throwing you sideways at walls again! You can really boot it and feel safe! The handling on it is brilliant! :D

Any help you could give on these things would be brilliant!

Adam

Last edited by a moderator:
It was just off a non trader bud. He fancied my S2000 and I have a mate whos after a White EP3 so we did the deal!

He said hes had the problem of the light blowing before, but the power steering is not a problem he says.. :S

He says the car should be left ticking over for a minute or so when it first starts for everything to set itself then it clicks off... I shall hav to try this tomorrow from cold...

Ad

1. The nearside headlight does not work. On taking this out its a HID bulb which are not prone to failing. However, the previous owner, was, to put it politely a complete nonse by the look of it. The rear of the light is missing (Bulb cover) and the fuse for the light in the fuse box is a 7.5A one when it should be 15A, so its obv blown before and been replaced incorrectly.....
What can I do to test weather the bulb is gone, or the actual HID device on the nearside is gone? I cant get at the nearside bulb as its so damn close to the engine mount and I really want to avoid removing the bumper!!!

I s'pose, one practical way to do it is to get at the offside bulb and use that to test your nearside ballast. If that lights up then obviously its your nearside bulb thats gone. If not, probably the nearside ballast.

Yea its just that the offside rear of the light is basically tight to an engine mount so cant be removed. This means taking the whole bumper etc off just to get at the bulb which I really am not keen to do...

Also Im put off by the sticker on the light that says do not remove cover - caution 25,000 volts :S

Back