• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

New Mani+decat and HKS Hi-Power exhaust fitted, Engine Management Light on?

I vaguely remember reading something about the engine light problem but can't remember the solution, both my sensors have been plugged back in and the car seems to be running fine at the moment. Just wondering whether this may cause it any damage or cause any annoying habits... Cheers

You need Kpro or K100 really mate to get the best out of those mods, will also remove the light issue.

No it won't. I think it's the o2 sensor that causes it, no doubt someone will correct me if i'm wrong. The problem is that the air/fuel mixture will be wrong and it need a remap.

Cheers mate put my mind to rest. Yeah I'm thinking of getting a new intake mani + throttle body then getting Kpro and tuned.

The light is caused by the secondary o2 sensor not reading correctly due to your decat. kpro as others had suggested will not only turn this CEL off but give you the ability to correctly tune your engine.

When it comes time for your kpro, let me know, I can hook you up with a great kpro+tune package.

For the meantime, The CEL will not affect your vtec or anything like that :)

I have a question, when it comes to the mot will the kpro stabilize the emissions for it to pass, or is it a case of removing the header and chucking the oem manifold + cat back on? if thats the case, then is it an easy task and also if you do have to put the oem back on, wouldn't that mean you then have an oem manifold + cat and a wrong map?? or would you need to load an original base map of some kind? sorry for all of the questions, but im going down the kpro route as soon as ones available so wanted some info :D

That's a really good question actually never thought of that... I also would like to know the answer to that one. Also rough guide on gains once tuned with all modifications ( induction kit, exhaust manifold, intake manifold, exhaust, throttle body, new rad and fan and other small mods.)

Cheers

The light is caused by the secondary o2 sensor not reading correctly due to your decat. kpro as others had suggested will not only turn this CEL off but give you the ability to correctly tune your engine.

When it comes time for your kpro, let me know, I can hook you up with a great kpro+tune package.

For the meantime, The CEL will not affect your vtec or anything like that :)

Here is the expert advise!!

this happened to me with the engine management light coming on, I just brought an 02 simulator which spaces the sensor away from the decat so it doesnt sense it as much, had no problems

I have bought 2 L shaped spacers from eBay £7 each, when my manifolds fitted I hope this will prevent the EML coming on, will my car pass an mot with the decat fitted ? I have intake, header, catback, k100 ?

K100 can be used to turn the EML off when you fit a race header. Well not entirely true, it is set to ignore the funky readings from the O2 sensors and so doesn't throw up the EML, so no need for O2 sims and the like.

Your car more than likely will not pass the emissions test without the cat fitted. It is not unheard of, but it is the exception rather then the norm.

Oh I see, I'll be putting my car through its MOT before I get some money together for the retune though, I'll just have to find a friendly MOT man :)

My cat is all rusty and rattling when I'm on 2-3k rpm. Is it worth getting decat pipe as a cheap alternative without remapping? Or get a new cat for it? I got Magnex Exhaust as well.

Back